Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the through the AVR cluster manager and the direct supervision the Project Coordinator AVR Central the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities
1. Liaise with diplomatic representations to ensure their cooperation with the AVR programme in the Netherlands and maintain an optimum cooperation.
2. Present IOM as a reliable partner to diplomatic representations and contribute to IOM's image as an organisation that facilitates humane, organised return. This includes visiting the diplomatic representations and representing IOM at embassy receptions.
3. Inform diplomatic representations concerning IOM's projects/project elements provide them with AVR information materials and answer relevant questions or refer to other organizations.
4. Negotiate with diplomatic representations on their co-operation with AVR based on individual country strategies.
5. Agree on working arrangements with diplomatic representations regarding the issuance of travel documents, discuss failures and bottlenecks in implementation and find solutions in order to come to an efficient process.
6. Provide up-to-date information and advice to AVR Project assistants concerning the procedures and conditions of individual countries for obtaining a travel document.
7. Assist migrants who wish to return to their country of origin voluntarily with IOM with obtaining a travel document at the diplomatic representation of the country of origin. This mainly concerns the presentation of migrants in a detention centre, but also migrants in a vulnerable situation.
8. Register the relevant data concerning the progress of the work in the administrative systems in accordance with the procedures, and reports with regard to the results, developments and possible bottlenecks.
9. Draft input for internal and external reports.
10. Attend team meetings and other relevant meetings and, if necessary, provide information / give presentations during these meetings.
11. Assist with the development of a country strategy for diplomatic representations based on the co-operation with AVR.
12. Assist with organizing the yearly IOM Embassy Reception in cooperation with other departments involved.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education and experience:
Higher professional education [HBO] level. International relations, Law, Political Science, Social Science, and/or other relevant field of specialization; b) experience in project management, evaluation, and reporting; c) experience in working with migrants, migration management, and international migration issues; d) experience in developing and implementing return activities;
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Dutch & English and two other languages, such as French and Spanish.
- a) Good communication skills, proven drafting and editing skills knowledge of international migration issues; b) good analytical and organizational skills; c) excellent monitoring, evaluation, and reporting skills; d) flexible, reliable team player with proven networking, negotiation, and partnership building skills; e) ability to function effectively and harmoniously in a fast-paced, cross-cultural work environment; f) demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity; g) ability to take initiative and act with autonomy; personal commitment, creative thinking and drive for results; h) ability to meet deadlines; i) good computer literacy and applications proficiency.
UN salary scale rating for the Netherlands
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their letter and cv by e-mail to: email@example.com to the attention of Mrs E. Burger no later than 19 June 2012.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.