We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Risk Management Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
PRINCIPAL SECURITY OFFICER
REF: RISK_ SEC_PSO_FEB 2012
Reporting to the Head of Security within the Risk Management Division, the job holders’ role will be to manage and deliver round-the-clock companywide security both physical and human.
- Manage all aspects of physical and human security for company facilities and staff: Design & plan; Propose; Implement; Manage; Monitor & improve all elements within the security framework;
- Undertake security sweeps, penetration tests, intruder detection and alarm response tests, security surveys, internal security audits in relation to Security Management;
- Investigate, follow-up and resolve security issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets e.g. facilities, network equipment/property, staff, and documents;
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and sensitize company staff on general insecurity trends, personal/residential security awareness;
- Coordinate and conduct bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted security Risk Management consultants;
- Formulate and continuously review policies, processes and procedures pertaining to Physical and human security;
- Document and monitor SLAs with all security service providers;
- Drive cost reduction initiatives through both the development of products, business process and review of existing products & service/business processes;
- Manage security personnel seconded by contractors on service provision.
- Disaster / incident management.
- Degree in Security Management/Administration or any technical/business discipline;
- At least 8 years experience in the Military or Police with adequate exposure in command appointments preferably not below the rank of “Major” from the Military and “Senior Superintendent - (SSP)” from the Police;
- At least 2 years experience in Corporate Security Management in a large corporate firm with multiple facilities;
- General knowledge of Kenyan Laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement;
- Excellent project management skills;
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work;
- Innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills;
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is Thursday 1st March 2012.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition