The area: Enterprise
We've helped over 30 million employees at three million organizations around the world to "go Google." As masters of cloud computing, the Enterprise team helps small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies discover the wonders of "the cloud" and work smarter through Google Apps. Our technical and sales teams design and implement solutions for these organizations with custom features, security and support -- all with Google's philosophy of innovation and ease of use in mind.
The role: Enterprise Sales Engineer
When leading companies decide to "go Google," it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. But the Enterprise Sales team can't do it alone. Once educational institutions, government agencies and other businesses sign on to use Google Enterprise products to make their work more productive, mobile and collaborative, you come in. As an Enterprise Sales Engineer, you assist fellow Sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaison with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Enterprise products.
- Engage directly with Enterprise customers and partners as a solution and technical expert supporting the Google Enterprise Sales team to meet the Region’s revenue and expansion
- Work directly with Google's Enterprise Products including Google Apps (Messaging, Collaboration and Security), Search, Geospatial and Maps, Cloud Platform, ChromeOS and others to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer environments
- Provide hands-on as well as virtual assistance designing and communicating technical solutions
- Key team member supporting strategic and rapid growth in India Region
- Potential travel 50% of the time visiting customers throughout India, with a focus on West (Mumbai)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience in Sales Engineering, Technical management or similar business services.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking concepts and troubleshooting/diagnostic tools (eg. DNS, TCP, proxies, DMZ).
- Strong grasp of Enterprise sales cycles advantageous.
Enterprise Sales Engineer - Mumbai