Senwes, an agricultural organisation, has been at the forefront of the South African agricultural business for almost a century. The company has interests in the Free State, North West Province, Northern Cape and Gauteng.
With an annual turnover of R7,6 billion, it is clear that Senwes is the chosen service provider of the agricultural community.
Senior Agronomists (2 Positions)
Bultfontein & Kroonstad
Senwes has, inter alia, an Agricultural Development Division, which renders technical advice and services of outstanding quality, with the assistance of a team of experts.
- A minimum BSc Agric Hons or equivalent with Soil Science and Agronomy as main subjects
- At least 5 years’ applicable experience in an advisory and extension capacity
- Sound knowledge of cash crop (maize, sunflower, wheat) production practices under dry-land and irrigation conditions at commercial level
- Practical experience of precision farming methods and related software
- Good writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and innovative
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy.
- Technical advice (basic and advanced) in all aspects of cash crop production to mainly commercial farmers
- Interpretation and recommendations regarding soil surveying data and soil chemical analysis
- Conducting of soil water measurements to determine the seasonal yield potential of crops
- Compilation of precision farming prescription maps and files
- Drafting of production plans and compilation of tailor-made enterprise budgets
- Conducting of agronomical trials and/or ad hoc project leader/ management responsibilities
- Presentation of lectures and organisation of farmer information days
- Writing of subject-related articles
- Evaluation of the application of general acceptable production practices by producers, for IP and credit purposes.
Senwes is committed to transformation through the appointment of persons from designated groups and potential candidates from these groups will enjoy preference.
Should you meet the above requirements and be of the opinion that you can make a contribution to the company, kindly complete the Application for Appointment document (A26/09), which can be electronically completed at www.senwes.co.za or is alternatively available from Theo Fourie at (018) 464-7405. If the document cannot be completed electronically, you may post it to: The Assistant General Manager: Human Resources, Senwes Limited, PO Box 31, Klerksdorp 2570, or fax 086 556 5965 or e-mail: email@example.com
Enquiries may be addressed to Theo Fourie at (018) 464-7405.
Should we not have contacted you within six weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application had been unsuccessful.