The European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
ESTRO, The European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology, is an international scientific organisation that represents the interests of its 6000 members working in the field of radiotherapy and oncology. To serve its members, ESTRO organises scientific conferences and more than 30 educational courses per year in Europe and worldwide.
ESTRO is an independent aisbl that aims to improve, professionalise and standardise knowledge and practice in (radiation) oncology, while promoting respect for the diversity of radiation oncology practice in Europe and worldwide. The final aim of the society is to improve the comprehensive care of patients with cancer.
You may find out more about ESTRO on www.estro.org.
To support the increasing activities of the ESTRO School we are seeking a Course Co-ordinator (full time).
We are looking for an internationally oriented person with strong organisational and communications skills to join our Education Team. You will be organising a range of courses throughout Europe and eventually also outside Europe each year. As course coordinator, you will be responsible for all course arrangements including:
- Selecting venues, negotiating and arranging for practical details with contractors (universities, hotels, conference centres, caterers, PCO’s, etc. );
- Linking with the local organisers and assisting them, if needed;
- Linking with the faculty of the course and assisting the teachers when needed;
- Supervising the registration process and taking care of the confirmation process;
- Preparing course announcements and organising the course promotion;
- Preparing the course book;
- Preparing the course budget and taking care of its follow-up;
- Arranging travel and accommodation for faculty/staff members and participants if needed;
- Co-ordinating all activities on site;
- Reporting on the course (MCQ, evaluations).
- strong organisational skills, experience in a medical or association environment are an asset;
- ability to function efficiently in a multi-tasks environment and work accurately under pressure;
- excellent communication skills;
- fluency in English (written and spoken), other European languages are an asset;
- computer literacy (MS Office);
- must be enthusiastic, flexible, self motivated and a team player;
- willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis.
Please forward your motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English to ESTRO, Avenue E. Mounier 83, B-1200 Brussels to the attention of Viviane Van Egten (email@example.com) – deadline 4 May 2012.