Under the general supervision of the Deputy Division Chief in the Facilities Management Division (FMD) of the Technology and General Services Department (TGS), and in coordination with the Deputy Project Directors of the HQ1 Renewal Program, is responsible for the tenant associated activities for the HQ1 Renewal Program in the HQ1 building and fitout of external swing space. This primarily involves, but is not limited to; developing requirements for office tenant and special function spaces; ensuring that the approved requirements are carried out in the design team's construction documents; managing the temporary movement of dislocated staff and operations into swing space and their subsequent return along with furniture, furnishings and equipment. The incumbent will be responsible for managing (planning, coordinating, and scheduling) the execution of this work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Oversees all activities (including all client moves) required to ensure that HQ1 office tenant and special function area renovations and the fitout and occupancy of up to 60,000 sq. ft. of external swing space are executed in accordance with FMD's objectives and client requirements.
- Works closely with other HQ1 Departments and TGS service providers to ensure that their requirements are integrated in a cost effective and accurate manner.
- Prepares detailed work plans based on client requirements, service delivery methods, budget, resource allocations, and key performance indicators.
- Develops and manages budgets in accordance with work scope and assignments.
- Assesses risk to accomplishing project objectives and addresses complex issues and problems and develops an approach to mitigate these risks.
- Monitors and reports on performance of contractors and consultants in accordance with contractual obligations and service fulfillment; monitors business process performance.
- Coordinates the review of standards, processes, and procedures with other TGS service providers and recommends updates to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, where appropriate.
- Oversees communications with Fund departments in assessing business/tenant requirements and communications related to all move activities.
- Works with Procurement in leading negotiations with prospective vendors.
- Conducts benchmarking and best-practice studies.
- Leadership and management: experience in leading, managing, and motivating people and teams in a multicultural environment; managing resources and processes; organizing and coordinating work and ensuring the continuous training and development of staff; uses good judgment, tact, and discretion in dealing with confidential projects and assignments; promotes teamwork.
- Project management: ability to prepare bid requirements for design and construction, schedule, monitor and report on work progress; manage and coordinate multiple vendors; negotiate prices and schedules.
- Strategic planning: ability to think, plan, and work strategically and to work within a results-based management framework and quality management concept.
- Presentation: ability to conduct effective meetings; ability to represent the Fund successfully in public forums.
- Operations planning, design, and construction: knowledge of office building renovations including move processes, building operations, and health, safety, environmental, sustainable practices, and morale of employees and building occupants.
- Contract management and administration: familiarity with facilities procurement methods and practices; the development and management of quality assessment and innovation programs; and Washington, D.C. building codes and regulations are desirable.
- Analytical and technology: ability to apply standard financial practices, including payback, return on investment, equity and lease versus buy decisions.
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of a relevant advanced university degree, supplemented by a minimum of four years of professional experience in Facilities, Engineering, Real Estate or Design and Construction or related fields, or equivalent; or a bachelor's degree, supplemented by a minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in Facilities, Engineering, Real Estate or Design and Construction or related fields is required.