- Our ambition is to be the best performing; most trusted and respected CPG Company in the world. A large part of this ambition will be achieved through building amazing distributor relationships, developing a culture of ‘simpler, faster, better’ and working cross functionally and with distributors to provide an unparalleled brand and retail proposition at the point of purchase in market
- WestLAC is one of the 4 markets within the LAC Region and is comprised of 40 countries. The region is a multicultural, multi-customer, multi-channel and multi-currency environment with different taxations and regulations.
- It is comprised by four business units: Argentina, Chile-Peru-Bolivia & Ecuador, Free Trade Zones & Border and Caribbean and Central America.
- Caribbean & Central America is a mix of distributor markets and IMCs with growth potential.
- Central America includes 5 countries.
Purpose of role:
The Customer Marketing organization in WestLAC spans Shopper Marketing, Category Development and Commercial Planning and Activation, to deliver:
- World-class shopper understanding and insights
- Compelling category strategies
- Support for outstanding customer collaboration
- Value creating Category development
- Effective shopper marketing to support conversion at POP
- Customer-focused planning, activation and execution.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the organization is equipped with business information to delivery flawless Planning and Execution through efficient cycle planning & briefing process.
- Leads Joint Business Planning process for CP&A in country of responsibility.
- Manage planning and execution of the commercial calendar and orchestrates all activities at the point of sale ensuring we have effective promotions and a winning mix of brand & category activity to drive business performance within customers and channels.
- Owns and monitors the execution of all cycle activity plans and promotional plans in ruthless prioritization of value creation and ensures all deliverables are OTIF.
- Monitors and evaluates in-store execution compliance against well-defined Execution Scorecard metrics (distribution, visibility, share of shelf, Scale…)
- Monitors A&P and trade spend for each project/platform, delivers Measurement & Evaluation on activities and drive promotional effectiveness (ROI) and forecasting accuracy of promotional volume;
- Manages special packs and display plan and tools and support materials to drive brilliant execution in the Point of Sale, setting channel specific brand and category execution standards/guidelines;
- Ensures Innovation launching phases makes perfect fit with the Cycle Planning and delivers brilliant planning & execution of the Innovation Pipeline.
- Ensures full compliance with internal and external regulations.
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or related field.
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and /or customer marketing /trade marketing areas with specific experience of distributor based businesses.
- Good understanding about how the total sales organization operates and how to drive its effectiveness.
- Proven experience leading and coaching teams (own and/or indirect).
- Ability to work around and within a variety of different market conditions and demographic factors.
- Analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills, with a range and adaptability of style.
- Good planning, organization and project management skills.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.