Dexis is seeking experienced Scientists and Natural Resources Management Experts to provide technical support services on an anticipated international development project funded by the US Government. The international work locations for these assignments will be in Latin America, the Caribbean, Russia, Europe, Near Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. The activities will address dynamic challenges that threaten biodiversity conservation and natural resource management efforts internationally.
- Natural Resource Management Specialist : Experience in natural resources management, forestry planning and monitoring, watershed management, protected areas, and/or habitat management; specific experience should be either field-based, in academia, training, or a combination thereof.
- Resource Rights, Governance and Policy Reform Specialist: Experience in policy reforms in the environmental conservation and natural resource management sectors; experience related to community roles in conservation and the policy and governance frameworks.
- Environmental Enterprise Development Specialist: Experience in conservation based enterprise, with experience in economic development policy and addressing tourism value chains; demonstrated understanding of the linkages between conservation, tourism and conservation based enterprises; experience engaging women and youth in economic enterprises.
- Biodiversity and Wildlife Specialist: Experience in wildlife conservation, including invasive species, migratory species, habitat management; experience in undertaking activities aimed at improving wildlife conservation, protected area management (including community based conservation), wildlife laws and policies; experience working with protected area authorities and government counterparts.
- Global Disaster Adaptation Specialist: Experience in natural disaster preparedness and response, including fire management, landslides, and flooding; demonstrated experience providing field-based support to disaster preparation, response, and/or institutional policy reform.
- Other Technical Experts: Climate Change Adaptation, Climate Change Mitigation, Public, Private and Community Institutional Strengthening; Nature-based Economic Strengthening and Diversification; Tourism Value Chain Development; Community-based Natural Resource Management; Monitoring and Evaluation; Gender and Natural Resources Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience in one of the areas outlined above, including domestic and international technical assistance in environment and natural resource management
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Expertise leading teams of interdisciplinary experts within an international context
- Foreign language skills and experience living and working overseas preferred
Winner of the 2014 Small Business of the Year at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and working in nearly 90 countries in FY 2015 for USAID and the Department of State, Dexis supports US federal agencies in the areas of program monitoring and evaluation, program learning, and program support. We are not only one of the fastest growing firms in international development, we are rated among the highest among our peers on employee-reviewed sites.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.