Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community
For Diageo to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability agenda across the world, markets need to transform the way they develop, plan and execute their commercial plans. There is a particular focus required on customer planning, customer performance management, and revenue management (including pricing, promo effectiveness, and trade terms optimization) to increase our current performance.
The key purpose of this role is to set future strategic direction for NRM (Net Revenue Manager) globally and to embed NRM holistic approach within our company processes. This role will also elevate the importance of “customer”, and customer plans, to the same level as “brand” and brand plans have today.
- Partner with Global Teams (corporate strategy, global pricing, regional NRM teams) and Priority Markets to set a long term and short term strategy direction to deliver NRM agenda across priority Markets
- Partner with local senior stakeholders to embed priority NRM changes including Pricing Strategy, Promotional Strategy & M&E, Trade Strategy and trade terms new structure
- Partner with Global Capabilities team to increase in market people skills
- Embed Customer Profitability and Advance Analytics in all decision making
- Managing a team of 2 Commercial Finance Analyst/Managers
- Global role with broad geographical diversity. It will require up to 50% travel
- .Setting Revenue Management targets and strategy globally
- Ownership of customer profitability and advance analytics at a global level
- Be the catalyst for organisational change, leading to the markets becoming obsessed with Revenue Management, Commercial Strategy and Advance Analytics
Qualifications and experience required
- Senior Commercial or Senior Commercial Finance experience
- Strong analytical/modelling capability is essential
- Commercial Planning/Pricing/Trade Spend Optimization/M&E experience
- FMCG pricing expertise and experience of trade investment management is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of analytics and reporting solutions is essential
- Able to command the respect of Finance and Commercial teams across Diageo through their experience, know-how, influence and relationship building skills.
- Courageous – able to take tough decisions and hold others to account
- Experience of driving change initiatives as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritise and make tough decisions in the interests of Diageo Experience of project management
- Able to build strong relationships, with good stakeholder management, alignment and influencing skills