- Our ambition is to be the best performing; most trusted and respected CPG Company in the world. A large part of this ambition will be achieved through building amazing distributor relationships, developing a culture of ‘simpler, faster, better’ and working cross functionally and with distributors to provide an unparalleled brand and retail proposition at the point of purchase in market
- The Southern Border (USA/MEX) channel is a Duty Free channel with stores/outlets in the following US States: Texas, California, New Mexico and Arizona.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for ensuring our distributors, categories and brands plans are executed brilliantly in Duty Free stores / outlets across the Southern Border (USA/MEXICO).
To develop excellent partnership with our distributors within the Southern Border (USA/MEX) in order to increase focus and support for the entire Diageo Portfolio of Spirits brands whilst increasing distribution and brand visibility.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the implementation at store level of the visibility targets and deliver the specific promotional activity calendar for the fiscal year
- Responsible for ensuring our Commercial Plans & Promotional Activities are implemented flawlessly, in line with the commercial plans promotional activity calendar for the fiscal year
- Coordinates training calendar and facilitates brand knowledge and sales techniques trainings for our distributor/stores personnel
- Report activities on a comprehensive way on a monthly basis.
- Monitor competitor activity
- Performs trade visits on a weekly basis to identify opportunities and provide solutions to drive incremental sales
- Monitor stock availability within the stores and regional warehouses
- Monitor status of all Diageo assets (gondolas) and provide feedback
- Lead Diageo share of shelf when a new store is open
- Thorough understanding and compliance with all local legislative requirements
- Ensures full compliance with SARBOX, CARM, Diageo Code of Conduct and Diageo Marketing Code & T&E
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business or related field
- 2 year of experience in sales and /or customer marketing /trade marketing areas with specific experience in managing distributor based businesses
- English required. Spanish a plus
- Ability to work around and within a variety of different market conditions and demographic factors
- Understanding of retailer and/or distributor strategy and operations
- Presentation skills
- Be a good influencer and negotiator, with a range and adaptability of style. Structured thinker with planning skills
- Well organized. High level of energy and self-starter
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel across southern border business (high intensity travel)
Location: Laredo, TX; Dallas, TX; San Antonio, TX or San Diego, CA
Field Activation Executive, Duty Free Southern Border (USA / Mexico)