Diageo Canada aspires to be the first choice drinks business in Canada.
We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness and more. An international company with facilities around the world, Diageo is ranked 11th among the top 25 multinational workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute, demonstrating our commitment to celebrating successes, openness and honesty. Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our reward offering, incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation. Join our team and celebrate with us.
Maintenance/Spare Shift Power Engineer for our plant in Gimli
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16:30 working schedule unless covers for shift engineer
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Shift Power Engineer shall be responsible for:
Primary, as a General Maintenance Engineer:
- Conducting maintenance tasks and activities in the Boiler Room and Dry House
- Respond promptly and appropriately to plant emergency and breakdown situations.
Secondary, as a Spare Shift Engineer:
- Provide coverage for Shift Engineers during periods of planned vacation and absenteeism;
- Operation of the Boiler Room and all associated equipment: high pressure steam boilers, well water, demineralized water, boiler feed water, cooling water systems, condensate return system, air compressors, etc.
- Operation of the Dry House and all associated equipment: evaporator effects, centrifuges, cooler, dryer, steam turbine, conveyors, etc.
- A valid Standardized or Manitoba Second Class Power Engineer’s Certificate.
- Good attendance and performance record, physically fit for the job, good communication skills, self-motivator, good team player working effectively with others and able to handle emergencies in a calm and safe manner. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience operating First Class Power Plant;
- Must be computer literate;
- Experience in DCS process control systems is desirable;
- Knowledge of a distillation plant and processes environment would be an advantage.
- Industry competitive wages plus benefits package;
- Shift and weekends premiums