Policy Manager (m/f) Alliance for Financial
Inclusion (AFI) - Thailand, Bangkok
Field of activity
In September 2008, GIZ established the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. AFI is the first global knowledge-sharing network designed by and for financial sector policymakers and regulators to identify and implement proven and successful policy solutions that have delivered tangible results. AFI supports its members in policy development and implementation by using a peer-to-peer learning approach, facilitating online and face-to-face exchanges, regionally and globally, supported by grants and policy research. Within three years, AFI attracted a diverse membership base that is now 85 institutions strong. AFI has also cultivated relationships with external partners and developed a voice on the global stage, evidenced most notably by its G20 relationship and input to global standard setting bodies. In 2012 and 2013, AFI will further enhance its services to the members, deepen the network activities, explore ways to further promote innovative policy solutions for financial inclusion, and strengthen its positioning in the global financial inclusion policy arena.
The Policy Manager will report to the Director of the Financial Inclusion Policy Unit (FIP). He/she will be mainly responsible for supporting policy analysis, grant making to members, member engagement, production of knowledge products, and facilitate knowledge management for the AFI network. He/she will interface with the Communications Team, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and actively support the strategic vision of AFI and the FIP Unit in particular, and ensure the functionality of internal work flows.
His/her responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist developing country policymakers in analyzing and documenting financial inclusion policy success stories
• Analyze member policy trends and track policy innovations and trends in global financial inclusion policy for the AFI management unit
• Capture lessons learned from AFI network and high-level policy dialogue as author of AFI GPF (Global Policy Forum) reports, other conferences, and survey on AFI member financial inclusion initiatives
• Participate in and present at relevant events sharing and disseminating insights and knowledge from the AFI network
• Identify, conceptualize, and manage the development of AFI policy knowledge products and case studies, including lessons learnt from grants. Assure the quality of AFI technical written products, multimedia content, official statements on financial inclusion policy solutions
• Together with members, maintain up-to-date knowledge relating to financial-sector policy reform, especially in the field of AFI’s core policy areas and identify new crucial areas in need of support
• Facilitate one AFI Working Group (WG), including direct support to the WG chair, taking the lead in organizing WG meetings, managing expert input to the WG, and coordinating WG output with the overall AFI learning agenda
• Engage with members on policy-related issues, including financial inclusion strategy development and implementation, specific policy solutions and peer reviews and discussions
• Screen incoming grant proposals and prepare grant-making documents such as the Proposal Analysis and Recommendation (PAR) and Concept Note Review
• Keep close relationship with grantees and potential grantees. Follow-up with negotiations and grant agreements
• Provide support to potential grantees in preparing short-term and long-term grant proposals if required
• Manage on-going grants as well as monitor and evaluate the process, including on-site visits to grantees
• Ensure that the grantee reports (including progress reports) are in alignment with AFI’s standard and format
• Monitor grant pipe-line progress, update the grant-tracking tool and grant overview document
• Support the administration duties / logistics of grants and the exchange visits when required
You have an advanced university degree in economics, political sciences or other relevant qualifications. You are familiar with and passionate about development and financial inclusion policy issues. Having worked in policymaking institutions in developing countries (e.g. central bank, bank supervision authority or ministry of finance) with expertise in consumer protection, agent banking and mobile financial services and/or working in a grant-making environment is an added advantage. You are an inspiring, strong team player and consensus builder, and you have significant interpersonal skills. You have sound knowledge of socio-economic conditions in several countries and have excellent analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative analytical tools and techniques. You are very well organised and have excellent writing and communication skills. You are
fluent in English and proficient in French Another language (e.g. Spanish is an added value).
The AFI platform is managed by the GIZ and the successful candidate will be employed by the GIZ. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH was formed on 1 January 2011. It brings together the long-standing expertise of DED, GTZ and InWEnt. For further information, please go to www.giz.de.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system under http://www.giz.de/en/jobs/3109.html.
Please enter there the Job ID 9317. There you can find also more information about the position.
Application deadline: Please do not hesitate to apply until 26th February 2012.
Duration: March 2012 – August 2013.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.
Work worldwide. Work at GIZ.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Policy Manager (m/f) Alliance for Financial
Area: Dar Es Salaam Application Deadline: Sep 23, 2012 Position Description: Click Here
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Programme is the UN organization that supports sustainable human development globally through the promot...
Scholarships at School of Arts Research Studentships Study Subject: English and Humanities,Iberian and Latin American Studies,History of Ar...
*Only applicants currently resident within Tanzania will be considered for this position* Africa’s Children-Africa’s Future (AC-AF) is a n...
Tanzania ports Authority (TPA) has vacant positions in its Directorate of Procurement & supplies,which need to be filled immediately wit...
AKIBA Commercial Bank PLC, a leading bank in micro finance; is currently recruiting suitably qualified Tanzanians to join its workforce i...
Ref No WVT/P&C/F13/30 Job Title : Grants Manager-Babati STF Reports to: Chief of Party Location: Head Office. Purpose of the Positi...
The Regional Manager, TAN ROADS - Njombe is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland's trunk and Regional ...
HRMS Sr implementer . Job location: Uganda Experience: 5years + Location: Uganda Required experience: 4-5 years. Key skills: H...
The primary prerequisite that enables OFID to continue to function effectively in fulfilling its mandate and meet the standards ex...