Director Financial Inclusion Policy (m/f)
Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) - Thailand, Bangkok
Field of activity
In September 2008, GIZ established the Alliance for Financial Inclusion (AFI) with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. AFI is the first global knowledge-sharing network that supports member countries to share knowledge and experience and identify and implement proven and successful policy solutions that have delivered tangible results. AFI supports its members by using a peer-to-peer learning approach, facilitating online and face-to-face exchanges, regionally and globally, supported by grants and policy research. Within three years, AFI attracted a diverse membership base that is now 86 institutions strong. AFI has also cultivated relationships with external partners and developed a voice on the global stage, evidenced most notably by its G20 relationship and input to global standard setting bodies. In 2012 and 2013, AFI will further enhance its services to the members, deepen the network activities, explore ways to further promote innovative policy solutions for financial inclusion, and strengthen its positioning in the global financial inclusion policy arena.
The Director Financial Inclusion Policy (FIP) will lead the FIP Unit and report to the Executive Director (ED). He/she will lead AFI’s efforts to become a content based platform that drives financial inclusion policy changes in member countries. In addition, he/she will actively support the strategic vision of AFI and, represent the organization in international forums, and ensure the functionality of internal work flows. He/she will interface with the Strategy and Network Team, the
Communications Team, Finance Function, and the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
His/her responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead, coach and develop team members of FIP Unit and coordinate the team’s work program
• Provide strategic guidance and develop and monitor performance targets for the FIP Unit
• Manage and update AFI’s learning agenda
• Maintain a strategic oversight of AFI’s grants portfolio and assume responsibility for managing the grants portfolio including short-term, long-term, and knowledge exchange grants
• Provide overall guidance for policy-related engagement strategies with specific countries or regions
• Oversee and strategically guide the activities and outputs of AFI Working Groups
• Monitor and assess financial inclusion policy trends
• Encourage peer learning and exchange activities among AFI members
• Ensure that core business processes, necessary infrastructure, personnel or other resources are in place and working effectively
• Set up and maintain a system for the production of member-led knowledge products and effective external knowledge management
• Oversee the generation of briefs and provide policy contents, specific comments/inputs to various outputs and working documents on financial inclusion arising from the initiatives, processes and stakeholders that AFI is working with
• In addition to above focus tasks, deliver on relevant AFI project team responsibilities, for example the internal knowledge sharing of policy learnings, support the organization of the Global Policy Forum, participate in AFI task teams etc.
• Oversee the content from FIP to the web-portal, and presentations based on the most recent policy trends, on-going policy reforms and discussions
• Facilitate or act as an expert moderator in some of the on-line discussions and face-to-face discussions focused on specific financial inclusion policies
• Participate in the AFI Management Team
• Take full responsibility for AFI as Acting ED when ED is out of the office
You have an advanced university degree in economics, political sciences or other relevant field with outstanding academic record. PhD qualifications are an added advantage. You have minimum 15 years relevant work experience and ability to manage large-scale operations and teams in a multicultural work environment. You are familiar with and passionate about development and financial inclusion policy issues. Having worked in policymaking institutions in developing countries (e.g. central bank, bank supervision authority or ministry of finance) is an added advantage. You are an inspiring leader and networker, a strong team player and consensus builder, and you have significant interpersonal skills. You have excellent management skills including the ability to manage resources economically. You have sound knowledge of socio-economic conditions in several countries and have excellent analytical skills using both qualitative and quantitative analytical tools and techniques. You are very well organised and have excellent writing and communication skills. You are fluent in English, with a good grasp of French and/or Spanish. German is an advantage.
The AFI platform is managed by the GIZ and the successful candidate will be employed by
the GIZ. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH was
formed on 1 January 2011. It brings together the long-standing expertise of DED, GTZ and
InWEnt. For further information, please go to www.giz.de.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our
e-recruiting system under http://www.giz.de/en/jobs/3109.html.
Please enter there the Job ID 9326. There you can find also more information about the position.
Application deadline: Please do not hesitate to apply until 26th February 2012.
Duration: April 2012 – August 2013.
We welcome job applications from people with disabilities.
Work worldwide. Work at GIZ.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Director Financial Inclusion Policy (m/f)
Scholarships at School of Arts Research Studentships Study Subject: English and Humanities,Iberian and Latin American Studies,History of Ar...
Area: Dar Es Salaam Application Deadline: Sep 23, 2012 Position Description: Click Here
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Programme is the UN organization that supports sustainable human development globally through the promot...
Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/D/34 22nd May, 2013 On behalf of the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration (CMA), Forestry Training Institute ( F...
*Only applicants currently resident within Tanzania will be considered for this position* Africa’s Children-Africa’s Future (AC-AF) is a n...
AKIBA Commercial Bank PLC, a leading bank in micro finance; is currently recruiting suitably qualified Tanzanians to join its workforce i...
Ref No WVT/P&C/F13/30 Job Title : Grants Manager-Babati STF Reports to: Chief of Party Location: Head Office. Purpose of the Positi...
Opportunities around the world Now is a great time to join Barclays as we continue on our journey to define the industry and become the...
Tanzania ports Authority (TPA) has vacant positions in its Directorate of Procurement & supplies,which need to be filled immediately wit...
The Regional Manager, TAN ROADS - Njombe is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland's trunk and Regional ...