Closing date: 30 Jun 2012
Health Systems Strengthening Advisor – Rwanda Place of Performance: Kigali, Rwanda
The contractor shall conduct program evaluations, advise CDC and MoH officials regarding strategic investments in the health system, prepare policy briefs and papers, provide services related to USG Emergency Plan reporting activities, prepare the Health Systems Strengthening portion of the annual Country Operations Plan (COP).
Provides expert technical advice to the Government of Rwanda Ministry of Health (MOH) on integrated and cost effective health policies related to human capacity development/human resources for health, health service delivery, health financing, health systems leadership and governance, health information systems, and health commodities and distribution. Provides expert technical advice focused on public health workforce capacity development and public health institution building.
Provides expert technical assistance and support for strategic planning for USG, CDC and GOR in health systems strengthening with focus on Partnership Framework, Partnership Framework Implementation Plan and the County Operational Plan; Rwanda Health Sector Strategic Plan III; Rwanda National Strategic Plan on HIV/AIDS and others as appropriate. Assists with drafting the COP and other planning documents for USG and supports the GoR national planning processes.
Provides technical assistance to the Country Coordinating Mechanism. Serves as a liaison to and technical expert with the donor community and private section to ensure optimal use of resources and complementary of program activities and strategies at the central, district, facility and community levels. These include the Health Sector Working Croup, Development Partners Group, and the Global Fund CCM. Serves as a reviewer of proposals and advises on implementation and serves as an observer.
Provides technical assistance on CDC's Cooperative Agreements in health systems strengthening. Serves in a supportive role on projects related to quality improvement, service delivery, surveillance, information systems, and research. Consults as needed on projects related to costing, finance and governance. Supports the planning and process of transition of CDC grants and USG supported health services to the Government of Rwanda.
Works with the MOH and USG Team to identify areas in need of support within the healthcare sector to complement and expand HIV-related activities in all levels of the health sector in order to ensure a comprehensive approach to health systems strengthening. Works closely with USG, GoR and USG implementing partners in Rwanda to develop strategies to address program gaps.
• Policy briefs and papers as requested
• Technical reviews of partners’ work plans
• Technical area and partner narratives for the Country Operational Plan and other documents
• Monthly progress reports, due by the 5th workday of the month
• Quarterly activity report, due 10 days following end of quarter
• Final report, due 10 working days after project completion
Minimum Qualifications and/or Certifications:
• Education and experience in public health, program management, health economics and/or public policy
• Clear understanding of the federal grants and budget processes and cycles
• Masters degree in public health, social sciences or public administration, with 2 years’ post graduate work in public health or public programs
• International experience a plus • Required: Level IV: Fluency in speaking, reading, writing and understanding of English required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Worker (Scoop) - *Building a world-class diamond group* *Kimberley Underground Mine JV* Kimberley Underground Mine JV is situated in the town of Kimberley in the Northern...
5 hours ago