EFIC - European Furniture Industries Confederation
The European Furniture Industries Confederation (EFIC), a non-profit organization gathering the major furniture national associations of the European Union, is seeking to recruit a Communication and Policy Assistant for its headquarters in Brussels.
The successful candidate will assist the Secretary General in its daily activities, ensuring the implementation of the strategic decisions established by EFIC General Assembly.
EFIC Communication and Policy Assistant will:
- Contribute to the coordination of EFIC’s external and internal communication, such as updating and maintaining a dynamic website, drafting a regular newsletter and press releases, social media;
- Provide organizational and administrative support for EFIC meetings, including drafting agendas and minutes, as well as assistance with other occasional institutional and/or international events;
- Provide administrative support to the Secretary-General in the office management, e.g. basic account keeping;
- Occasionally, attend meetings, conferences and other events of interest for the furniture sector;
- Support the Secretariat in the lobbying and advocacy activities, e.g. contribute in monitoring EU initiatives and assisting in the analysis of EU legislative proposals and documentation with impact in the furniture sector. Collection and analysis of industry statistics and data, maintenance of databases might be required;
- Liaise with EFIC Member Associations, such as distribution of information, management of queries and consultations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Fluent command of English (spoken and written);
- Clear and effective communication skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Knowledge of EU affairs and EU Institutional framework.
- Experience of working in EU affairs and/or EU Institutions;
- Educational background and/or working experience in Communication field;
- Office administration skills;
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a fixed-term contract, according to the Belgian legal framework of “Convention d’Immersion Professionelle”, for six months (renewable).
The position is based in Brussels and full time (5 working days per week).
All applicants should attach their CV together with a brief motivation letter (1 page) and answer all questions here.
Deadline for submission is the 31st May 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews are expected to take place during the month of June 2016. Position is expected to begin second semester of 2016.
If you have any further questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full info on the position: http://www.efic.eu/default.aspx.