Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
MSI’S Institute for Government Accountability and Oversight (IGAO) seeks experienced audit professionals to work on projects providing technical assistance and training to Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) worldwide. IGAO works to enhance the audit capacity of SAIs so they become their country’s recognized source for independent, fact-based and objective information on government operations and programs. Consultants should have practical knowledge and experience applying Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards or the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions. The Institute is headed by MSI Technical Director Joseph Christoff, former International Affairs Director at the Government Accountability Office.
IGAO consultants work on projects to strengthen the core competencies of SAIs and their audit counterparts in government ministries. Projects include developing strategic and operational plans, establishing risk-based criteria for selecting annual audits, creating data collection instruments and surveys, enhancing audit report clarity and presentation, establishing management information systems, providing training on audit evidence and findings and preparing institutions for peer reviews. Positions are ongoing and range from a few weeks to a few months period.
• Conducting diagnostic assessments of SAI authorities, capabilities and needs;
• Assessing audit staff qualifications and training needs;
• Developing technical assistance and training plans;
• Mentoring auditors in the development and execution of performance, financial and compliance audits;
• Developing and presenting technical training on the design and implementation of performance audits;
• Coordinating capacity building activities with donors and SAIs;
• Completing donor reports.
• Technical expertise in performance, financial or compliance audits;
• 10+ years working for a Supreme Audit Institution;
• Prior experience building audit capacity in SAIs or their audit counterparts in government ministries;
• Superior writing and presentation skills are essential;
• Master’s Degree in Public Administration or International Affairs or other related fields is preferred;
• Ability to travel is required;
• Additional certifications (CPA, CIA) are preferred;
• Fluency in a language other than English (Spanish, French, Arabic) is helpful.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com/
UN WOMEN: COORDINATION AND PLANNING SPECIALIST (READVERTISEMENT) - The UN Women (UNW), grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination agains...
2 hours ago