DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is seeking a Senior-Level Development Specialist to contribute to the work of the Governance Sector in managing existing projects, developing new business and client relationships. The successful candidate will have a cross-sector understanding of DAI’s governance portfolio, including areas of: anticorruption, transparency and accountability; public administration and public sector management; decentralization and local governance; and parliamentary oversight and citizen engagement. A specific background in public administration at local and national level government is highly valued.
- Identify opportunities, lead proposals, devise technical approaches, recruit key technical staff, and foster institutional partnerships to support the growth of our governance portfolio.
- Support projects in the field to ensure a high standard of technical and financial excellence in delivery of results according to client expectations.
- Undertake short-term assignments to deliver technical assistance to projects.
- Actively participate across portfolios and initiatives to integrate governance reform with other core DAI competencies in rule of law, business enabling environment, natural resource management, climate change, health and post-conflict stabilization.
- Advanced degree in international relations or development, political science, economics, public finance or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in one or combination of above mentioned areas;
- Demonstrated experience in leading, designing, evaluating, and consulting on democratic or economic governance projects;
- Experience with and understanding of the proposal development process and project management systems; proven ability to win and manage USAID business.
- Familiarity with DFID, World Bank and/or other donors priorities and approaches highly desired;
- Resident overseas experience;
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Willing to travel internationally;
- Fluency in English required; fluency in second language highly preferred (Arabic, French, Spanish, Portuguese);
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online through the DAI website: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=231
Application deadline: April 15, 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
DAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.