Regional Director South Asia
For its office in India, Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is currently looking for a
Regional Director South Asia
As the Regional Director South Asia you will represent TdH-NL in South Asia and manage all programmes financed by TdH-NL in the region, ensuring high levels of programme impact and accountability. In 2011 TdH-NL supported some 50 partner organizations in selected geographical concentration areas in India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
We offer a challenging job in a changing environment. For Terre des Hommes Netherlands entrepreneurship and fundraising in the region are becoming increasingly important and you will be initiating such efforts in the South Asia region.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
• Providing strategic and inspiring leadership to the regional and national offices in South Asia (India and Bangladesh) and supporting the teams on developing and implementing quality programmes.
• Coaching and supporting two teams of 20 staff in total by leading and inspiring them and by providing frameworks and support.
• Networking and fundraising: identifying new funding sources and negotiate funding opportunities to support programme implementation. Building strong and effective working relationships with stakeholders on behalf of TdH-NL in South Asia including national government, the UN, the European Union, other (I)NGOs as well as the private sector.
• Ensuring that the management systems and processes utilised by the TdH-NL team support and promote effective management of the programmes.
• Project proposals: Developing a sound project partner portfolio , implementing projects in accordance with the strategic plan of TdH-NL
• Project monitoring/supervision and evaluation: Guaranteeing effective, efficient and accountable services to project partners by putting monitoring, evaluation and audit systems in place and by providing advisory services to partners.
• Reporting (quarterly financial/narrative report, annual report, annual plan): Assuring that control mechanisms and reporting mechanisms are in line with the agreed upon frameworks and meet the stringent criteria and deadlines..
• Developments in the region: Keeping track of major political and social developments in the region and acting as a spokesperson on behalf of TdH-NL.
• Administration: Administering the regional office and staff according to the laws of the host country, and ensure warranty of all publications and property of TdH-NL.
• Inspiring leader with at least 10 years of working experience of which at least 3 years in a leadership position.
• Relevant international experience. Previous experience in South Asia is an advantage.
• Relevant university degree, preferably in Development Studies, International Relations, Economics, Social or Agricultural Sciences.
• Commitment to and understanding of TdH-NL objectives, values and principles.
• Good communication skills and fluency in English, both written and verbal (basic knowledge of Dutch is an advantage).
• Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country programme context and to act within a regional and global framework.
• Experience with fundraising from a variety of institutions, both local and international.
• Experience with project planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• Financial and administrative skills.
• Entrepreneurial, result driven and able to cooperate.
• Persuasive, being able to create and maintain good report with project partners and a good networker.
• Cross cultural aware and able to gather important information on developments in the region.
• Computer literate and acquainted with MS Word and Excel.
• Valid driving license (C/E) and willingness to frequently travel to partner organisations.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH-NL) is a development organisation dedicated to stop child exploitation. Terre des Hommes’ mission is to prevent child exploitation, to remove children from exploitative situations and to ensure these children can develop themselves in a safe environment. In 2011, Terre des Hommes supported some 300 projects in 13 countries worldwide. Areas receiving particular attention are child exploitation, education, health and socio-economic development. Regional offices in Bangalore, India (region South Asia), Jakarta, Indonesia (region South East Asia), Nairobi, Kenya (region East Africa) and Cochabamba, Bolivia (region South America) are charged with the responsibility of developing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the projects which are initiated and implemented by local partner organisations. TdH-NL depends on private fundraising, is partly subsidized by the Dutch Foreign Affairs Ministry en ISO certified (NEN-EN-ISO 9001:2008). The United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) is the corner stone of all projects and programs.
We offer a challenging and responsible position in a changing environment. Terre des Hommes is a result driven, professional organisation staffed by individuals dedicated and determined to prevent and fight child exploitation. TdH-NL is an informal organisation where innovative plans are very much appreciated and decisions can be made quickly given the transparent, decentralized and basic organizational structure.
We offer a salary in accordance with the labour market, a contribution towards the costs of a health scheme and participation in a pension scheme.
You will be contracted for 1 year with the possibility for extension. Starting date to be agreed upon. You will receive training in TdH-NL head office as well as an extensive hand-over on the spot training at the regional office.
More information and application procedure
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae by e-mail to Chantal Thielen, secretary to the board of directors, firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position before June 10, 2012. References are required and will be verified.For more information about this position, you can contact mr Hans Guijt (tel. +31 70 3105000), Head of Programs.