Sightsavers is seeking to commission a consultant/consultant team to carry out the Independent Progress Review for the mid-term evaluation of their DFID Programme Partnership Agreement funding 2011-2014.
Sightsavers has been awarded £11,216,034 through DFID’s Programme Partnership Agreement (PPA) for 3 years from 1 April 2011. Two key elements of the evaluation of the PPA funding will be the Independent Progress Review (IPR), which is due to be submitted to DFID at the beginning of October 2012, and the Final Evaluation due in 2014.
A comprehensive PPA Evaluation Strategy has been developed by DFID’s Evaluation Manager, Coffey International Development, for assessment and evaluation of the performance of DFID’s individual grantees and of the funding mechanisms as a whole. Within this wider evaluation framework the specific purpose of this IPR for Sightsavers is threefold:
- To assess the extent to which comments provided as part of the Annual Review Process(es) have been acted upon by Sightsavers;
- To verify, and supplement where necessary, Sightsavers’ reporting through the Annual Review Process, the changing lives case study and the additionality report; and
- To independently evaluate the impact that DFID funding has had on the organisation and projects, as well as to assess the value for money of the funding.
Please see the full Sightsavers Terms of Reference for this assignment and the DFID Evaluation Manager Terms of Reference.
The evaluation is expected to take place between 14 June and 30 September 2012
The final report should be available no later than 1 October 2012
Sightsavers welcomes proposals from suitably-qualified and experienced consultants or companies, who can provide the following competencies and experience:
- Experience in results-based monitoring and evaluation for international development project/programmes, with strong skills in both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Thematic expertise/comprehensive understanding of policy issues at global and local level in health, education and/or social inclusion sectors
- Experience of carrying out large scale evaluations.
- Up to date knowledge of DFID's priorities, operating environment and the value for money agenda.
- Experience of evaluating partnership working and unrestricted funding mechanisms would be desirable.
- Ability to produce concise, readable and analytical reports.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English (and in French would be desirable).
Deadline for receipt of expressions of interest: 8 June 2012
The successful applicant will be contacted by 13 June 2012 and should be ready to start the evaluation with an inception meeting on 14 June 2012
How to express your interest
To express your interest to undertake this assignment, please download our expression of interest application form and selection criteria, and return the completed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions presented in any other format, including the submission of CVs will not be considered.
We very much regret that, in view of the large number of expressions we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. Should you not hear from Sightsavers within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful. I am sure that you will understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
Thank you for your interest in Sightsavers.