Job Reference Number
Australasia; Australia; Queensland
We're seeking an up & coming finance professional w up to 12-mths exp in accounts processing to join our Accounts Payable team. 3-mth initial contract
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Our Brisbane Head Office currently has an opportunity for a professional individual to join the Accounts Payable team on a 3 month initial fixed term contract. Reporting directly to the Shared Services Manager you will be responsible for delivering, coordinating and performing the Accounts Payable function for our Australian business units.
This would suit an up and coming finance professional who has gained 12 months experience to date in an accounts processing role and is looking to gain experience in a large, corporate environment.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Ensuring all invoices/requisitions are reviewed with appropriate coding and approvals
- Accurate data entry of invoices/requisitions, staff expense claims and credit/debit notes
- Weekly, monthly and adhoc AUD cheque payment runs
- Weekly, monthly and adhoc AUD EFT payment runs
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Resolving supplier and business unit inquiries
- Assisting Shared Services Manager with other duties as required
To be successful you will display -
- Basic accounting knowledge and skills (no formal qualifications required)
- Demonstrated 1-2 years experience within an Accounts Payable or accounts processing role
- Accurate data entry speed of minimum 10,000 ksph
- Intermediate skills in Excel and Word
- Previous experience in computerised accounting systems
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to deliver projects accurately and within a timely manner
As a global business we offer the potential for travel, and outstanding training and development opportunities. We offer a work/life balance and an established recognition and rewards program.
We welcome your interest in our team!
Reference number Q16/9804/893