The area: Engineering and Operations
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
The role: Software Engineer in Test
At Google we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Engineers in Test (SET) design Google's testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an SET, you partner with software developers to create and code tests concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement, it's more like trouble-forecasting.
- Analyze and decompose Google's large-scale cloud services and design a strategy to test this system.
- Design and build intelligent systems that enable and validate high quality releases at fast pace.
- Invent and extend methodologies for validation of scalable production systems.
- 1 year of development experience.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming.
Software Engineer in Test - Hyderabad