Monday, July 11, 2011
Background: This three-year project will focus on activities on Cuba’s youth (ages 12-24) to increase opportunities for youth-to-youth interaction in Cuba, allowing the country’s young citizens to experience freedom of association and freedom of expression in social spaces organized outside state authority.
Training Specialist will be responsible for:
• Delivery of Training of Trainers interventions
• Overseeing delivery of initial and refresher trainings and provision of ongoing follow-up support for the youth training program for target age groups
• At least 10 years of experience as a trainer and/or trainer of trainers for youth development program, including leadership initiatives and working with marginalized populations
• Experience working in complex and sensitive political environments
• Experience working the Latin America and Caribbean region
• At least 3 years experience implementing international development programs, experience with USAID preferred
• Training design and delivery experience
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Bachelor’s degree in education, sociology or related field
The position will report to the Project’s Chief of Party.
partners in over 40 countries that seeks to reduce hidden hunger and provide micronutrients to
billions of people directly through the staple foods that they eat. We use a novel process called
biofortification, based on plant breeding, to achieve higher levels of micronutrients in high-yielding,
high-profit varieties of key staple foods.
HarvestPlus is a joint venture between two CGIAR Centers, the International Center for Tropical
Agriculture (CIAT) based in Cali, Colombia and the International Food Policy Research Institute
(IFPRI) based in Washington, D.C. Both Institutions are committed to reduce hunger and poverty
around the world through their research activities.
HarvestPlus has established a crop development research network for the world’s major stables.
CGIAR centers form the nexus of development of biofortified crops, and with public/private sector
NARES, NGOs and research institutions make up a research alliance that conducts tactical and
strategic breeding and performance testing in target countries, related plant science/agronomy
research and the development of enabling technologies. HarvestPlus is recruiting a highly
motivated and skilled Manager Crop Development / Crop Development Specialist to manage
product development. The position will be based at CIAT in Cali, Colombia.
Role and responsibilities
Provide overall leadership in biofortified crop development to achieve technological, crop
improvement and commercial project goals: generating biofortified germplasm products without
compromising agronomic performance and nutrition/end-use quality and assist in guiding the
design and delivery of the technology to undernourished people.
• Manage the HarvestPlus crop development research network and establish research capacity
in particular in Africa and Asia for rice, wheat, maize, cassava, bean and pearl millet.
• Develop strategy and develop and implement product concepts/product development and
• Manage a portfolio of ∼40 projects/contracts involving ∼100 scientists in >20 countries;
provide technical oversight for crop improvement component for China, Brazil, and India
Country Programs. Assess progress, synthesize findings; internal/external reporting.
• Integrate human nutrition, socio-economic functions and in-target-country product delivery
with crop improvement and interact closely with the Manager Biotechnology in developing
strategies for use of full range of genetic tools.
• For the Manager Crop Development position: as member of the Program Management Team
(PMT) participate in program strategy development, implementation, and resource
allocation; interact with Program Advisory Committee; outreach/networking within
agriculture/plant research communities and participate in fund-raising.
• PhD degree, with specialization in plant breeding or related discipline.
• Working experience:
o Manager Crop Development position: 10 – 15 years working experience with
experience in project leadership and track-record in crop product development.
o Crop Development Specialist position: a minimum of 5 years of experience in applied
• Exceptional drive and entrepreneurship, a pronounced ability to motivate others and to build
partnerships in different cultural contexts.
• Strong end-product focus and ability to deliver.
• Decisive, problem-solver with strong analytical abilities.
• Good interpersonal communication skills, writing ability and administrative skills; and
capable of communicating effectively with researchers in the fields of agriculture, nutrition,
• Agree to intensive international travel.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Working experience at a CG-Center and/or a private sector company.
• Working experience in developing countries.
• Basic command of Spanish and/or French.
Terms of employment
The contract will be initially for a two or three-year period, depending on experience and
We offer a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent
benefits. We believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. Women and
developing country professionals are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should apply by e-mail, including a cover letter, a full C.V. and the names and contact
information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and
Applications should be sent to Catalina Montoya (C.email@example.com) at the Human Resources
Office at CIAT. All applications will be acknowledged, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: August 15, 2011 with extension until the position is filled
We invite you to learn more about HarvestPlus and CIAT by accessing the websites
www.harvestplus.org and www.ciat.cgiar.org respectively.
LOCATION: TRAFFIC East/Southern Africa Programme Regional Headquarters, South Africa
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10th July 2011
TRAFFIC is seeking a Programme Officer for its regional East/Southern Africa Programme. The position will report to the Regional Director of TRAFFIC East/Southern Africa or a designated representative. The position will be based at TRAFFIC’s Regional Headquarters in South Africa.
This is a fixed-term position for a period of 24 months with the possibility of extension. The Programme Officer will assist primarily with implementing TRAFFIC East/Southern Africa’s Rhino conservation programme, working in close collaboration with TRAFFIC’s partners WWF and IUCN.
Applicants are asked to submit their CV and a covering letter in English. The letter must specifically address the job requirements in the order presented in the attached vacancy announcement. Applications should be submitted, preferably by email with the subject header "FAMILY NAME: T-ESA Programme Officer - Rhino", on or before 10th July 2011 to:
The Regional Director
TRAFFIC East/ Southern Africa
E-mail: trafficza at ewt.org.za
For further information about TRAFFIC visit our website at
IIED is currently advertising for a full-time Principal Researcher to develop a programme of research, and to drive internal collaboration and external partnership building, in optimising IIED’s international influence for sustainable food and agriculture.
Natural Resources Group
£47,052 – £58,553 depending on experience, plus benefits
Central London or Edinburgh
4pm Wednesday 27 July 2011
Summary of department:
Over the last 30 years, IIED has coordinated a range of activities related to food and agriculture in both arid and humid parts of the developing world and has implemented it in conjunction with a range of southern based partners. Today at IIED, the dynamics of the food and agriculture sector are being explored by looking at how concepts such as food sovereignty as well as market governance affect the sector.
Summary of role:
The post holder will be responsible for developing a programme of research, driving internal collaboration and building external partnerships in optimising IIED’s international influence for sustainable food and agriculture. Applicants will have the ability to conduct research, nurture relationships, integrate ideas, and represent to multiple stakeholders. A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline e.g. agricultural economics; experience of international policy frameworks, agreements and initiatives affecting food and agriculture and climate change; excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire engagement among diverse partners are key requirements for the post. Please see attached job description for full list of skills and experience required.
For more information please visit: http://www.iied.org/general/jobs/principal-researcher
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27 July 2011.
Background: This five-year project will support policies and programming to strengthen the HIV/AIDS response in large-scale workplaces within various sectors of Ethiopia’s economy including construction, mining, and manufacturing, among others. The project will provide technical and organizational support to both public and private sector organizations to facilitate sustainable and effective HIV prevention in large-scale workplaces and surrounding communities. Within and around large-scale workplaces, the project will aim to improve health seeking behaviors, increase accessibility to quality reproductive health and HIV prevention services, and strengthen the capacity of public and private organizations to mainstream HIV prevention into their institutions.
Senior Technical Advisor for HIV Workplace Prevention, MULU Prevention Project in Ethiopia
Reports to: Chief of Party
Provide leadership and technical oversight with design, improvement and evaluation of workplace programs and policies that are most effective in preventing and mitigating the effects of HIV within businesses and workplaces with large-volume labor force in Ethiopia.
• Coordinate needs assessments and support development of customized capacity building strategies and interventions with the partner organizations/businesses
• Help establish and collaborate closely with existing HIV Taskforces of respective enterprises and identify technical issues that affect HIV prevention and mainstreaming within the core of their business
• Design, manage, and facilitate training and mentoring activities with relevant managers to ensure HIV/STD prevention and reproductive health interventions are well integrated and institutionalized
• Provide technical assistance to the enterprise leadership in development of policies, action plans and resource mobilization for HIV prevention programs in their workplace
• Support coordination of workplace prevention activities across relevant business sectors
• In collaboration with monitoring and evaluation team, develop monitoring system to track the progress of workplace prevention activities, and to ensure the timely and effective implementation of project activities
• Submit regular reports on activities and results to Chief of Party
• At least 8 years of experience in the area of HIV prevention and AIDS impact mitigation programming, especially in large-scale workplaces
• Master in Public Health or related field
• Prior experience designing and implementing evidence-based workplace HIV prevention interventions and sound knowledge of theory behind such programs
• Deep technical knowledge of the epidemiological context of Ethiopia as well as the structural risk factors and implications for workplace settings
• Sound understanding of how to initiate and sustain change in workplace community norms
• Ability to articulate clear strategies to strengthen workplace and surrounding community level systems and structures and workplace policies
• Significant experience providing technical leadership to government entities such as the Ministry of Health and other partners (both public and private) in the area of structural prevention
• Excellent training and facilitation skills; experience planning and managing training programs for an international NGO, bilateral, or multilateral organization
• Familiarity with PEPFAR technical guidance as well as Government of Ethiopia recommendations for programming with MARPs
• Demonstrated experience developing policy and familiarity with HIV policy advocacy
• Experience with operational research, monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis
• Fluency in both written and spoken Amharic and English; strong English technical writing skills
• Prior experience providing technical guidance for a USAID-funded project
• Previous experience designing and managing HIV prevention programs for MARPs
• Familiarity with HIV and RH behavioral interventions
In view of the the further development of its activities the BTC is currently looking for a (m/f):
International expert in Institutional Capacity Building and planning reforms – Vietnam To support the governance projects of the Bilateral cooperation in Vietnam at central and decentralized level
Location: Hanoi (Vietnam) with frequent travel to provinces & districts Duration of contract: Initial contract period of 18 months with possibility of extension based on budget availability; Monthly Salary package: between 5171,49 euro and 7212,06 euro (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary is calculated, depending on the composition of the family and the number of years of relevant experience.
The general and specific objectives of the SPR & PORIS project are very much related.
SPR’s general objective is: Pro-poor economic growth and sustainable development through the establishment of a new approach to sub-national delivery of goods and services and policy making. While the general objective of PORIS reads: To promote pro-poor socio-economic development through support to public administration reform at provincial, district and commune level.
The specific objective of the SPR project is: Service delivery improved through strengthening capacity of the national and sub-national government to plan, finance and monitor/evaluate pro-poor and pro-growth policies and interventions. While the PORIS projects specific objective is: Strengthen the institutional capacities of local governments in decentralized development planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, implementation and public service delivery in accordance with PAR objectives.
Project activities started for SPR in November 2008 and for PORIS on the 3rd of September 2009, with the specific agreements ending on the 29th of October 2013 and the 2nd of September 2014 respectively.
Both projects are implemented under the modality of national execution, which implies that the daily management is the responsibility of the Vietnamese partner institutions, but with a role for the technical assistant to advise BTC representation on approvals of work plans and reports and in PORIS to approve expenditures above an agreed threshold.
Both projects have a limited budget for management by the BTC to assure the technical support and external audits and evaluations of the program.
At the start of the PORIS program, the project steering committees of both projects approved the principle of sharing one international technical advisor for both programs.
The technical assistant will have a double function; on the one hand she/he will be representing BTC in the projects. On the other hand, he/she will be supporting projects as technical advisor for the implementation. In his/her role of representing BTC and linking with BTC Representation, he/she will follow-up and support the day-to-day management the project implementation, assure that BTC can correctly and timely assume its responsibilities by correctly planning BTC inputs (financial and technical), liaise with the representation and other technical assistants who will give inputs in the project, participate in the coordination meetings for projects/programmes of BTC, assure that reporting requirements of BTC are fulfilled, assure reporting towards the PMU’s & PSC’s of BTC managed support; assure that the M&E and auditing is performed in time and according to the BTC standards, assure a positive working atmosphere with the PMU’s, Ministry and the provincial and district and commune authorities and actively participate in the strategic reflections for projects implementation. As technical advisor to the project management and partner institutions in charge of the implementation, he/she will support the project directors actively in Project implementation. The Technical assistant will have to provide overall technical supervision to the projects as well as to ensure integration of the various technical assistance envisaged during the project. S/he will be the main technical reference point of the project and have the overall technical responsibility for ensuring the projects deliver their outputs. S/he will pay special attention to institutionalisation of project activities within the partner institutions. S/he will coordinate and provide technical support to the various technical assistance inputs. H/she will be accountable and report to the BTC Res. Rep.
More specifically h/she will perform the following tasks:
I. As BTC TA in charge of managing the BTC managed budget lines and supporting the partner institutions in managing the NEX components: In this function, the TA will work under the authority of the Resident Representative and assume the following tasks · Oversee the project activities which are managed by the partner institution, but supported by the project; · Provide support to the PMU’s and national experts in delivering day to day project activities; · Write the quarterly and annual reports required by BTC’s internal procedure, based on the PMU’s progress reports; · Report to the PMU’s and PSC progress on implementation for the BTC managed budget and activities; · Coordinate with the PMU’s the preparation of project work plans; · Support BTC representation in the financial management of the Belgian contribution to the projects; · Prepare the financial planning and tender planning for the BTC managed budget in close collaboration with the Representation; · Coordinate and facilitate the financial audit for the Belgian contribution; · Develop tender documents for BTC managed tenders (administrative and technical specifications); Prepare or assist in preparing tender evaluation reports, contracts, contract liquidations. · Supervise and participate in the contracting of international and local technical consultancy in close collaboration with the PMU and BTC representation; · Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the Project implementation: follow-up that all M&E activities are implemented in time, propose ToR to BTC RR & HQ, follow-up M&E missions, analyse and consolidate monitoring reports and prepare recommendations to the PMU/PSC; · Contribute to the preparation of the contents and agenda of the PSC meetings; · Assist the PD’s to act as a secretary of the PSC; · Participate in coordination meetings of BTC projects in the same sector; · Ensure close collaboration with the Belgian PARROC project in Hau Giang province working on decentralized PPB. · Ensure close collaboration with the projects and programmes working on institutional development and strategic planning in the Water & Sanitation sector of the Belgian – Vietnamese cooperation and where needed support these programs in his/her field of expertise; · Participate in all relevant PMU meetings; · Any other duties requested by the BTC Res. Rep.
II. As Expert in Institutional Capacity Building & Planning Reform In this function, the TA will assume the following tasks
· Support actively the PMU’s in preparing the project workplans · Monitor the work of the projects from a technical point of view and support the development of an internal M&E system on project implementation progress · Contribute & review the periodic progress reports of the project · Provide technical guidance to the Project Steering Committee’s in their decision making process · Liaise with other “like-minded” donors and projects for incorporation of lessons learned & existing tools (including with projects working on planning in sectoral ministries and provinces) · Actively assist SPR in mobilising donors to participate in the Multi Donor Trust Fund for the role out of the capacity building program; · Act as a resource person in workshops and trainings · Contribute to the capitalization and dissemination of the lessons learned of the projects · Develop terms of reference for short term consultants · Provide guidance and monitor short term consultants and review their outputs · Contribute to : o Provide technical input to the task force on the preparation of the planning regulations, including by undertaking a review of the existing regulations related to planning and M&E and by bringing information on international experiences and practices o Contribute to the preparation and take part in the learning study tours as part of the legal framework preparation process as a resource person both in and outside of Vietnam o Preparation of the manual and guidelines on planning and M&E o Ensure linkages between planning and budgeting by closely following up the work on fiscal decentralization of MoF and with the WB o Facilitate and contribute to the review and assessment of the current curricula on planning in selected major training institutions o Follow up and technically supervise the preparation of the roster of training institutions o Establish the planning help line for sub national governments o Take part in the training workshops for local training institutions as trainers o Liaise with ongoing planning support project for the use of the manual and guidelines o Monitor the work of the training institutions o Monitor and take part in the supply driven CD exercise o Contribute to the preparation of the establishment of the demand driven CD facility, including in the preparation of the criteria for accessing the facility o Take part in the assessment of the request for support from the CD facility
· Ten years of experience in public sector capacity building & reform of which a substantial part related to local government planning and budgeting · Master degree in public administration or related field · Strong skills in dealing with complex and sensitive working environments · Strong oral and written English · Flexibility and adaptability · Working experience in Asia and Vietnam experience are an asset.
Please apply not later than 21 july 2011, through our web site www.btcctb.org. Use our Standard CV and a letter of motivation to apply. You can find the model of our Standard CV on the page Jobs of our website. If you have any additional question, don’t hesitate to contact us at 02/505 37 90.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an international NGO providing humanitarian assistance in times of crisis by helping to uphold the rights of the displaced in terms of shelter, education, legal assistance and distribution. www.nrc.no
NRC is now recruiting for the Finance and Administration Manager. The Finance & Administration Manager reports to the Country Director.
Job description Have the overall responsibility to maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows and expenditure Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports of the financial situations in the projects/programmes Supervisory role for the Finance, Human Resource, Logistics and ICT Coordinators/Officers Ensure proper maintenance of NRC’s archives Should play an active role in the overall management of the organization
Qualifications Relevant educational background (Business Administration/Financial Management or other relevant educational background combined with professional experience) Should have minimum 03-05 years experience in similar capacity Experience of work with Windows based computer software, and modern accounting systems High level analytical and communication skills including advanced English language skills. Proficiency in both Sinhala and Tamil is desirable. Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We offer Commencement: August 2011 Contract period: 12months with possible extension Salary/benefits: The NRC offers a competitive salary and social benefits package. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a national position.
Application procedures and CV registration go to: http://www.webcruiter.no/WcMain/AdvertViewPublic.aspx?oppdragsnr=1109600...
Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
Position: Responsable de Programme Sécurité Alimentaire Durée du contrat: 6 mois, Lieu: Bahai, Tchad Date de démarrage: Août 2011
ACTED est une ONG créée en 1993 dont l’objet est la mise en œuvre de programmes d’urgence, de reconstruction et de développement dans les pays en crise et en voie de développement.. ACTED intervient dans H30H pays sur 5 zones (Asie, Afrique, Amérique, Europe et Moyen-Orient) et emploie environ 4000 personnes pour 350 projets. Suivant une approche de développement intégré répondant à la fois aux besoins économiques, sociaux, éducatifs et culturels depuis plusieurs années, ACTED a étendu son action au champ culturel, en se spécialisant notamment dans la sauvegarde du patrimoine et l’éducation.
Plus récemment, ACTED a mis en place un réseau comprenant notamment une branche micro finance, Oxus Development Network, et une branche culturelle, la Fondation Bactria, dans laquelle s’inscrivent les activités du Centre Culturel Bactria.
Capital Office : N’Djamena National Staff : 132 Areas : 4 (Bahai, Abéché, Goz Beida, Goré) On-going programmes : 13 Budget : 4.3 M
ACTED est présent au Tchad depuis 2004 avec des interventions ciblées en matière de distribution, de protection de l’environnement et d’amélioration des infrastructures communautaires. En 2010, ACTED Tchad a poursuivi son objectif de soutien à la transition de l’urgence vers le développement. Si l’aide d’urgence perdure, en réponse aux besoins des populations affectées par la crise nutritionnelle au Sahel et des réfugiés soudanais, les programmes de développement ont connu un essor important sur nos 4 zones d’intervention à l’Est et au Sud du pays, avec la mise en oeuvre de programmes de sécurité alimentaire, réhabilitation de pistes, eau, hygiène, assainissement et environnement au profit des réfugiés soudanais et centrafricains et de la population tchadienne. Au total, 75 000 personnes ont bénéficié du soutien de nos équipes. ACTED entend en 2011 développer deux nouveaux axes d’intervention. Le premier vise à apporter une réponse adaptée à la crise nutritionnelle qui frappe le Sahel, le second a pour but de poursuivre l’appui à la transition qu’opère le Tchad vers le développement en proposant des projets à destination de la population tchadienne. En parallèle, ACTED poursuit son intervention auprès des populations réfugiées et déplacées.
Profil de poste
Sous l’autorité du Coordinateur de Zone et/ou du Directeur pays, le Responsable de Programme Sécurité Alimentaire est responsable de la mise en œuvre du mandat d’ACTED dans la zone d’affectation et chargé d’y encadrer les activités développées. Ses missions seront :
- Assurer la représentation d’ACTED dans son domaine de compétence
- Représentation auprès des autorités provinciales : Participer aux réunions techniques pour assurer une large visibilité de l’association auprès des autorités locales.
- Représentation auprès des bailleurs de fonds : Participer aux réunions techniques des bailleurs de fonds et transmettre au Directeur pays les éléments collectés ;
- Représentation auprès des autres organisations internationales : Participer aux réunions techniques inter-ONGs, des agences de l’ONU (OCHA, PNUD, UNICEF, FAO, etc.) et de toute autre institution intergouvernementale ; Contribuer à la production de rapports et plaquettes et garantir la fiabilité technique de l’information produite, ainsi que la confidentialité des informations sensibles de la mission. De manière générale, veiller à véhiculer une image positive et professionnelle de l’association. Veiller en particulier au respect du mandat, de l’éthique, des valeurs et du discours de l’association vis à vis des tiers.
- Assurer la gestion du cycle de projet
- Mise en œuvre du projet : Planifier les différentes étapes de la mise en œuvre du projet ; Diriger l’exécution du projet et les modalités de suivi ; Gérer les moyens financiers, logistiques et matériels du projet ; Animer l’ensemble des interfaces internes et externes du projet ; Evaluer les actions mises en œuvre et assurer une bonne adéquation des moyens.
- Exécution des tâches de reporting : Etablir un planning des rapports à remettre au(x) bailleur(s) du projet ; Rédiger les rapports narratifs et contribuer à l’élaboration des rapports financiers via des suivis budgétaires réguliers ; Contrôler le respect de la procédure FLAT. De manière générale, informer systématiquement le Directeur pays ou de zone sur l’évolution de la mise en œuvre du projet et sur les perspectives futures.
- Garantir le cadre technique du projet
- Assurer la prise en compte des exigences techniques dans la mise en œuvre du projet : Collecter les données techniques et analyser les opportunités et les risques ; Identifier les autorités techniques de tutelle et les partenaires techniques et proposer des modalités de contractualisation et/ou de partenariat.
- Diriger la démarche qualité du projet : Analyse de la plus-value technique et de l’impact du projet ; Mise en œuvre d’évaluations techniques du projet.
- Assurer la gestion et la sécurité de l’équipe du projet
- Direction et encadrement de l’équipe du projet : Organiser et animer des réunions de coordination de l’équipe projet ; Préparer et suivre les plans de travail de chaque membre de l’équipe projet ; Garantir la cohésion de l’équipe projet (résoudre les conflits potentiels) ; Stimuler la vie d’équipe, dans les limites de la vie privée ; Adapter l’organigramme et les TdR du personnel en fonction de l’évolution du projet ; Procéder à l’évaluation périodique des collaborateurs N-1 et transmettre à l’Administrateur pays ou de zone les grilles d’évaluations et recommandations (affectation, modification de contrat ou de salaire, etc.) ; Assurer la formation continue du personnel technique du projet dans son domaine de compétence.
- Contribution au recrutement du personnel expatrié : Sur délégation du siège, procéder à l’entretien de validation technique d’expatriés résidents dans le pays d’affectation.
- Gestion de la sécurité des équipes : En lien avec le Directeur sécurité pays ou de zone, analyser la situation sécuritaire de la zone d’intervention du projet et informer le Directeur pays ou de zone et le Coordinateur sécurité pays ou de zone, par le biais de rapports périodiques ; Contribuer à la mise à jour du plan de sécurité sur la zone d’intervention du projet ; Contrôler le respect effectif des procédures de sécurité par l’ensemble des membres de l’équipe projet.
- Contribuer à la capitalisation de l’expérience
Collecter les données et outils utilisés pour la mise en œuvre du projet ; Elaborer un compte-rendu de capitalisation de l’expérience développée dans le projet ; Diffuser le compte-rendu aux partenaires du projet ; Transmettre le compte-rendu au Directeur pays ou de zone, aux Bureaux d’appui régional et au Département reporting du siège
- Au moins deux ans d’expérience terrain en gestion de programme et coordination
- Etudes agronomes
- Connaissance du système d’aide et habilités à comprendre le système des donneurs et des gouvernements
- Connaissance du monde rural africain
- Capacité à coordonner et gérer une équipe et des projets
- Capacité à travailler de manière indépendante et créative sur le terrain et en capitale
- Travail en équipe et capacité à créer un esprit d’équipe
- Capacité organisationnelle
- Forte flexibilité, compétences interpersonnelles et compétences de négociation. Forte habilité à travailler dans un contexte interculturel
- Habilité à travailler sous pression
- La connaissance d’une langue locale et/ou régionale est un plus
- Salaire défini en fonction de la grille des salaries ACTED
- Living allowance mensuelle
- Logement et nourriture pris en charge par ACTED : Logement en guest house ou housing allowance (en fonction de la durée du contrat et du pays)
- Billets d’avion pris en charge par ACTED
- Sécurité sociale, Mutuelle et rapatriement pris en charge par ACTED
Merci de nous faire parvenir votre candidature en français : CV, lettre de motivation et trois references à l’adresse suivante : firstname.lastname@example.org REF : PMBAH/TCH/RW
ACTED Human Resources Department 33, rue Godot de Mauroy 75009 Paris FRANCE
Fax. + 33 (0) 1 42 65 33 33
Pour plus d’informations, rendez-vous sur http://www.acted.org
We are looking for our projects in Bangladesh for a
Deputy Country Representative
Project Duration: 12 months Position Start Date: 15 August 2011 Position Location: Bangladesh, based in Dhaka (with 50% travel in the field) Supervisor: Country Representative Bangladesh Supervises: National staff in Bangladesh Deadline: Terre des hommes does not set closing date for this post; recruitment is ongoing until the position is filled.
Contractual Conditions: Swiss salaried contract 3’541 CHF (2’700 €) < > 4’677 CHF (3’500 €) /month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year, local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
The Deputy Country Representative is expected to have a strong background in Health and Nutrition as her/his responsibilities and tasks will primarily be linked to that particular field.
• Collaborates with Tdh’s National Director for Health and Nutrition as well as project management staff, oversees and appraises all health and nutrition clinical and field operations within Tdh’s projects/programmes in Bangladesh ensuring compliance with Tdh Thematic policies. • Facilitates professional systems of reporting, and monitoring/evaluation across all projects and facilitates learning across the various areas of intervention, capturing best practice to showcase both internally and externally. • Promotes Tdh’s interests in Bangladesh, including forging positive relations with the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and other bilateral and multi-lateral donors, NGO and UN networking groups. • Helps ensure that all Tdh policies (such as Child Protection Policy, safety and security, etc.) are implemented by the Tdh team and all partners. • Stands in for the Country Representative in his/her absence.
Project management: • Supervises health & nutrition management staff, with oversight of health facilities, monitoring and evaluation teams (including Monitoring and Information System) and project guidelines (budget, timeline, technical approach). • Contributes to design and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation systems and tools for all project work (per logframe) to control quality, efficiency and effectiveness. • Develops and monitor quarterly and annual work plans. • Participates in developing new proposals and budgets for submission to Tdh’s Asia desk as requested. • Identifies local funding sources for Health, nutrition and WASH projects. • Oversees reporting (monthly situation reports, donor monitoring reports, annual reports, capitalization of experience, etc.) by project teams and partners. • Facilitates context assessments at country and regional level, when required.
Finance: • Co-reviews the budgets and financial performance and works with the Director of Finance on budgeting, accounting and auditing, as required. • Reviews project expenditure, with particular regard to financial performance of each project and analyzes areas of under or over expenditure.
Human Resources: • Facilitates the implementation and updating of all Tdh policies (Child Protection, Personnel, “Whistle Blowing”, etc). • Supports the management of Tdh staff, expatriate as well as local, according to Tdh policies, including: promoting strategies for the capacity building of national staff; overseeing the updating of job descriptions; recruiting as defined in the administrative procedures; conducting regular staff performance appraisal; helping establish and maintaining a transparent and fair salary grill; taking disciplinary action (as and when necessary).
Communication: • Fosters positive external and internal communication as part of the Bangladesh Delegation Office (Dhaka), between projects and partners (Kurigram/Borguna), with Tdh Asia/Lausanne resource persons in MCH/N and WASH and with the Desk in Lausanne. • Liaises with Tdh’s Resource Persons and Regional Advisors, and engages in action-oriented research activities (publications, collaboration with research institutes, DRR integration, etc.). • Develops and updates Tdh organizational briefs, as and when required. • Facilitates experience capitalization workshops.
External coordination and representation • Represents Tdh at meetings and fora organised by the GO/NGO/UN. • Fosters positive relations with bi-lateral donors, including the Swiss Development Agency for Cooperation, and multi-lateral donors, as well as local authorities (Union Councils, Civil Surgeon, Dept. Public Health Engineers, Municipal authorities, etc.).
Partnership development: • Supports the National Managers in their work with partners: in particular, monitors MoUs / Partnership Agreements; identifies ways in which they need support (training, structure); fosters adherence with Tdh policies, where appropriate.
Child Protection Policy: • Commits to respect the Child Protection Policy. • Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Child Protection Policy in Bangladesh.
Professional Profile: • Master in Public Health or Medical Doctor • English (French, German or Bangla capacities will be an asset) • Experience: Minimum five years in emergency and development contexts, Mother and Child Health/Nutrition projects, participative (community-led) approaches, training, HR management, team coordination, KAP surveys, Project Cycle Management (including management information systems). • Aptitudes: adaptive capacity to evolving contexts (natural disasters, security), autonomy, organized and methodical style of work and management, proactive, sense of initiative, team player and effective communicator, trainer, solution oriented, analysis, synthesis, report writing and IT software related to post.
Personal skills: • Good team spirit • Excellent analytical and written communication skills • Excellent knowledge of Project Cycle Management • Resistant to stress
We will only consider complete online applications which correspond to the required profile: http://tdh.ch/en/jobs/155
Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our webmaster: email@example.com
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for children’s security and protection.
Plan: Working with the world’s poorest children to move from a life of poverty to a future with opportunity.
Plan is a global children’s charity. We work with children in the world’s poorest countries to help them build a better future. A future you would want for all children, your family and friends. For over 70 years we’ve been taking action and standing up for every child’s right to fulfil their potential.
We do what’s needed, where it’s needed most. We do what you would do.
With your support children, families and entire communities have the power to move themselves from a life of poverty to a future with opportunity.
Join the plan to help them keep doing it.
Programme Officer - West Africa Desk (£32’005 – 34’600)
Working closely with grants and project teams in the West Africa Country Offices, the Regional Office and Plan UK team members, the post-holder will lead on the development of new, high-quality project proposals. They will also support capacity and skills development of programme Country Office staff to effectively develop, manage and report on Plan UK programmes primarily in the West Africa sub-region, including ensuring high-quality implementation and reporting of ongoing projects financed by Plan UK’s institutional donors (particularly the EU, DFID, Big Lottery, Comic Relief and multilateral agencies).
Candidates must have significant experience of the international development sector demonstrated by a relevant degree-level qualification, and proven experience of supporting and managing sizeable development projects from both a head office and field level environment (preferably in West Africa).
Candidates should also demonstrate experience of submitting successful funding proposals to institutional donors (preferably EU), as well as budget design and management, and donor representation. Knowledge in a sectoral area relevant to Plan’s work, such as education, livelihoods, health, sexual & reproductive health, water & sanitation, or issues of social inclusion is a must, and fluent French is essential.
Join us and help children, families and entire communities to move themselves from a life of poverty to a future with opportunity. To find out more about this role and/or apply please go to: http://www.plan-uk.org/jobs-and-volunteers/
We need all applications in by 10am on Wednesday 27th July 2011.
We’d prefer it if we didn’t receive CVs and also, we’d prefer not to be inundated by calls from recruitment agencies. If you have any questions about this role you can always contact the HR department directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 777 9777.
Please note in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 to apply for a position with Plan UK you must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom and already hold a valid UK work permit. Most importantly we follow stringent child protection policies and procedures when dealing with applications.
Registered Charity No: 276035
WASH in Schools - Locally recruited expat
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for effective and efficient management of the project activities for the WASH in Schools Project and the staff in the assigned area of responsibility. S/he reports to the Deputy Country Director initially and then the Senior Project Manager in Basra and works in close coordination with the other Project Managers in the AoR, the Programme Coordinators (based in the assigned governorates) and the other support teams (admin-finance, logistics).
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been present in Iraq since April 2003 with operations in Diyala Governorate north-east of Baghdad and has since opened offices in Basra governorate (April 2004), and in the governorates of Maysan, Kerbalah and Wassit (September 2007). Regionally, DRC is also present in Syria and Lebanon
The overall objective for DRC in Iraq is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, livelihood and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building and environment building. In spite of a considerable improvement in the security, the situation in Iraq remains very volatile.
As a member of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP), DRC is committed to documenting our accountability to the beneficiary population and the impact of our activities. Complying with these commitments is as well challenged by the limited access. DRC adopts a community-based approach, whereas beneficiaries and local authorities are included in the prioritising, planning and implementation of activities as an important measure of rehabilitation and capacity building.
The overall objective of the WASH in Schools project is to contribute to the realization of children’s rights to survival and development, through enhancing WASH practices and access thereby increasing equitably and sustainable access to in 130 schools in 9 governorates in Iraq.
In line with the overall UNICEF global objectives for WASH and under MDG target 10, the purpose of this project is to contribute to halving, by 2015, the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water and basic sanitation and ensuring the all schools have adequate child-friendly water and sanitation facilities and a hygiene education promotion. In particular, addressing the issue of water and sanitation in schools will directly address a child’s right to both education and health.
This position will be responsible for the overall coordination and development of the WASH in Schools programme, including the development of capacity and quality control of the project.
• Provide strategic leadership for its project, providing support for the current activities while keeping an eye into new areas of development
• As a manager and together with the team, propose objectives, elaborate work plans and document results against indicators for the generation activities
• Ensure compliance with relevant guidelines and DRC commitments
• Prepare concept papers and proposals for potential new projects
• Participate in relevant meetings, workshops, seminars and trainings
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and reports as per agreed format internally to senior management and externally to donors
• Co-ordinate closely with the field team and support function teams
• Manage and motivate the project’s team members to ensure that they have the necessary equipment and support to carry out their daily activities.
• Follow up on all Human Resources matters of his/her team, including annual and sick leaves, attendance, performance appraisals, disciplinary measures, etc.
• Organise regular team meetings
• Work with key staff to ensure that cross cutting issues and policy initiatives are appropriately reflected, understood and implemented across the DRC Iraq programme
• Other relevant duties as directed by line management
• Degree in social areas (anthropology, development studies, humanitarian aid, organisational/institutional capacity building and development) or relevant related experience, a combination of academic qualifications and experience in a similar position or related area may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• 5 years minimum experience of managing humanitarian/development capacity building and governance programmes in insecure environments.
• Significant experience of assessing political and security contexts in countries affected by conflict and facing complex-emergency countries.
• Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles, codes of conduct and ideally, specific sub sector work; water/ sanitation, protection, health, shelter, linked to INGO field operations contexts.
• Mature understanding of the dynamics between NGOs and their key stakeholders.
• Experience with participatory approaches (PRA/PLA) and familiarity with Local Governance
• Ability to interact with all parties and maintain a position of humanitarian neutrality
• Knowledge of local laws, regulations and context in Iraq
• Knowledge of the refugee and IDP context in Iraq
• Able to build staff capacity using various methods,including strong communication and team work skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Knowledge and/or fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish would be an advantage
• Able to work independently and energetically
• Relevant computer skills
• Excellent report writing skills
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
Availability: July 2011
Duty station: Basra and Baghdad, Iraq
Contract: 2 months subject to funding and performances Salary and other conditions in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Locally Recruited Expatriates at the level LRE-B3
For more information, please contact Yves-Kim Créac’h, Country Director; Email: email@example.com ; phone: +962 (0) 65 66 58 64.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
APPLICATION AND CV
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
Please forward your application, in English and marked “WASH Project Manager Consultancy – Iraq”, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15. July 2011. Do to the urgency of the position, DRC reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above mentioned dead line for application.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than twenty five countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The protection and assistance to conflict affected population is provided within a long-term, regional and rights-based approach in order to constitute a coherent and effective response to the challenges posed by today’s conflicts. Assistance consists of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation, support to return and repatriation as well as promotion of long-term solutions to displacement and its causes. In addition, support and capacity building of local and national authorities and NGOs form an integral part of DRC’s work.
Swissport believes in quality customer orientation that delivers top-class service on all levels. Every employee is expected to "live our corporate values": after all, the culture of any company will be evident in its employees' attitude to their customers.
Our three main cornerstones are:
People: We show respect towards people and their values by working with enthusiasm and enjoyment. We do not compromise on safety.
Professionalism: We are pioneers and want to creatively explore new options. We focus on achieving sustainable results.
Partnership: We strive to exceed the expectations of our customer and keep the promises we make. We deliver excellent service: at any time, at any place.
We are currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Receptionist / Front Office Administrator (6 Month Contract) based at the Swissport Corporate Offices next to the JKIA, Embakasi.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Reception desk duties - Switch board operation, answering the phone, screening and directing calls. Tidy and maintain the reception area.
- Maintain Registers – receiving and sorting incoming mail and deliveries, official documents and staff correspondence.
- Customer Service – Offer a friendly reception to all visitors and members of staff entering the Corporate Office. Direct persons to correct destination.
- General Administrative / Clerical Support to the Management Team – Job holder will also be required to carry out other various administrative duties for the rest of the Management team based at the Corporate Office.
- Organizing Meeting / Training Venues & Facilities – maintain a calendar for the Bookings of Meeting Rooms, Board room and Training rooms. Ensure that catering arrangements are made for the meetings / training sessions.
- Coordination of general maintenance of office equipment - photocopiers and telephones.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office consumables – Pending prior approval carry out the ordering of sugar, milk, detergent etc.
- Good verbal and written communication Skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Integrity & reliability
- Customer Service Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Minimum High School Certificate / O’ Level (Mean Grade C+) - Essential
- Diploma in Secretarial / Front Office / Customer Services- Desired
- Secretarial Skills – Desired.
- Graduates from reputable Aviation Schools who have covered courses in Customer Services are also encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: On or before July 17, 2011 - Due to the immediate need to fill this position urgently successfully shortlisted candidates may be contacted for an interview before the closing date
Applications together with the relevant certificates and a recent passport sized photo should be forwarded by email to:
or through post to :
The Human Resource Manager,
Swissport Kenya/Airside Limited,
P.O. Box 19177, Nairobi.
Baseline Survey on Current levels of milk production and marketing in and around Juba town
Under Emergency Veterinary support Programme III (EVSP III.)
Background information and project summary
Veterinaires Sans Frontieres – Belgium (VSF B) is a recognized developmental NGO founded in 1995 working with disadvantaged communities to increase their standard of living, improve food security and livelihood sustainability through improved animal health and production.
In East Africa, our programmes focus on community-based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management.
The EVSP III is a one year emergency project funded by USAID under the Office of Foreign Disaster Agency (OFDA). The project is implemented in Central Equatoria (Juba and Terekeka counties), Jonglei state (Akobo, Ayod, Fangak, Bor, Duk, Pibor, Twic East, Pochalla and Wurror counties), Lakes (Awerial, Rumbek north and Rumbek central counties), Upper Nile (Nassir and Ulang counties), Unity (Mayiendit, Leer, Koch, Mayom, Rubkona, Guit, Panyinjar, Ruweng and Abiemnhom and Warrap (Tonj East and Tonj North counties) states in Southern Sudan.
The specific objective of the project is to contribute to food security and nutrition of vulnerable communities in Southern Sudan by increasing their capacity to integrate returnees and internally displaced persons and proactively address their own needs in relation to livestock, food production and accessibility.
This will be done by increasing the capacity of vulnerable communities in the production and access to safe food of animal origin and it is articulated in the following expected results:
- Emergency veterinary assistance is provided to pastoral communities in 2011
- Provision of safe livestock products is ensured through increased awareness on public health (zoonosis) as well as development of marketing facilities
- Support the re-integration process of vulnerable resident and returnee households through community-based livestock assets redistribution
- Peri-urban Milk production and marketing promoted in Bor (Jonglei state), Juba (Central Equatoria), Leer (Unity state)
- Veterinary inputs and services availed at strategic locations
The baseline survey will assess in a participatory manner the baseline situation of cattle keepers and communities in relation to milk production and marketing at the start of the project. It will also identify key constraints faced by cattle keepers, communities and market agents and opportunities for overcoming them through the project intervention.
Objectives of the final evaluation
The baseline survey needs to clearly find out the current level of milk production and marketing in and around Juba.
Specifically the survey will carry out the following:
- Mapping areas of milk production in and around Juba
- Mapping milk processing and marketing centers / places and routes used by milk traders to access markets in Juba
- Milk hygienic practices employed by cattle owners / keepers and milk traders
- Facilities used for milk production and how to improve them
- Milk consumption levels and value addition, including ratios of powder milk to fresh milk.
- Ease of adaptation from traditional cattle keeping to intensive dairy production
- Animal health services delivered to cattle owners
- Socio – economic activities affecting the cattle keepers and milk traders in and around Juba
- Profitability of milk trading in and around Juba
A detailed report clearly indicating the main findings, problems and opportunities for milk production and marketing in and around Juba
Methodology of data Collection
The following methods of data collection may be used in combination to collect all the required information.
- Desk review of Nile Community Development Organization (NICODO) past reports / documents on milk production and marketing in Juba
- Field visits to any other relevant milk processing plant in Juba
- Focus group discussions with stakeholders, pastoralists and key actors in and around Juba
- Key informant interviews with relevant cattle owners, milk traders and experts in milk production in and around Juba.
- Use of participatory skills and approaches and field data collection with pastoralists in target areas.
Proposed activity: 1.1 - Literature review in Juba
Result Days: 2
Proposed activity: 1.2 - Focus Group discussions and key informant interviews
Result Days: 4
Proposed activity: 1.3 - Compiling Baseline report
Result Days: 2
Location: The baseline survey will take place in and around Juba town
- The consultant (s) should provide a detailed work plan and budget of the survey.
- The Baseline survey is expected to be completed in July 2011 over a period of 8 days.
The consultant (s) will be expected to submit a hard copy and soft copy of a detailed plan within two (2) days of signing the consultancy contract.
A detailed final report will be presented to the VSF-Belgium Country Programme Manager and the Regional Procurement Manager detailing the findings of the consultancy and recommendations for future similar interventions in South Sudan.
The entire report will be presented in English and will remain the property of VSF-B. A hard copy and a soft copy must be submitted.
A draft report will be expected seven (7) days after the end of the mission and the final report is expected 5 days after VSF-B’s comments.
The contents of the report shall be as follows:
- Executive summary
- Description of the objectives of the mission and execution methodology.
- Problems encountered
- Annexes covering Terms of Reference, abbreviations, field locations visited references, graphs, tables, etc.
The VSF Belgium Southern Sudan Country Programme Manager and the EVSP III Programme Manager who are based in Juba will ensure overall coordination of the consultancy.
The consultant(s) are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Livestock expert with at least seven years experience in livestock development.
- Experience in carrying out similar consultancies and a proven track record of excellent results delivery.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Working experience in Southern Sudan is desirable.
- Experience on dairy production and marketing
Interested expert(s) and organizations (s) should prepare and submit to VSF Belgium a technical and financial proposal for the assignment by 20th July.
The proposal should indicate qualifications and experience with a detailed execution plan and budget.
The proposals, CV and letter of motivation as well as three (3) referees should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Please take note of the following:
- That the response MUST only be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
- That the closing date is on July 20th 2011
- Any response to any other email address shall NOT be considered.
Our client, a leading provider of IT business solutions is looking for a Sales Manager whose key role will be to drive sales of Human Resource Software including Time Attendance and Payroll software.
This role will suit a commercially aware, confident, articulate personality with outstanding experience in HR software sales.
- Establish and maintain new business relationships.
- Develop pursuit materials, prepare presentations and regularly present at client meetings, and conferences
- Aggressively prospect for new clients
- Formulate marketing strategies that will enable the company position itself in the industry.
- Develop and implement sales strategies
- Take ownership of the entire sales process to meet targeted revenue
- Specific market/ sales research
- Support of corporate sales function
- Market intelligence
- Graduate Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in HR or IT software
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan Market and willingness to travel across the country
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self motivated.
- Smart and professional
Clearly indicate the position applied for and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
Our client, a leading provider of IT business solutions is looking for a Sales Manager whose key role will be to drive sales of Security Systems including CCTV, Access Control Systems, etc.
This role will suit a commercially aware, confident, articulate personality with outstanding experience in selling Security Systems.
- Establish and maintain new business relationships.
- Develop pursuit materials, prepare presentations and regularly present at client meetings, and conferences
- Aggressively prospect for new clients
- Formulate marketing strategies that will enable the company position itself in the industry.
- Develop and implement sales strategies
- Take ownership of the entire sales process to meet targeted revenue
- Specific market/ sales research
- Support of corporate sales function
- Market intelligence
- Graduate Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in Security Systems and related products
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan Market and willingness to travel across the country
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self motivated.
- Smart and professional
Clearly indicate the position applied for and minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
HOD Public Relations & Communications
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs, job holder will be responsible for end to end management of the company’s internal and external communications strategy designed to present and maintain a positive public image of Safaricom in line with the Safaricom 2.0 philosophy of engaging all key stakeholders.
He/she will be expected to proactively develop and provide strategic thought leadership for both internal and external audiences in the areas of media management, digital asset and social media engagement, crisis communications, internal and external corporate publications, executive PR and media training.
- Ensure that the Safaricom brand maintains cordial and mutually beneficial ties with its entire stakeholder universe, including the media, regulators, shareholders, customers, future generations;
- Develop and implement a strategic online reputation management plan for the Safaricom brand and also oversee the crafting and implementation of an internal communications strategy for Safaricom;
- Responsible for the effective performance of all outsourced PR agency functions and the entire stakeholder universe;
- Play a lead role in positioning Safaricom 2.0 as a benchmark in the African corporate community;
- Ensure that Safaricom gets maximum value out of its entire corporate giving/investment function;
- Prepare Departmental cost forecasts and budgets and monitor usage for compliance and implement remedial action as appropriate and drive cost containment initiatives;
- Optimize and standardize processes, implement new technology enhancements and ensure application of best practice processes & procedures so as to drive attainment of efficiencies through automation of processes/activities;
- In liaison with HR, conduct recruitment, training, performance management and development of staff so as to fully realize their potential.
- Bachelors Degree in either Marketing, Communications, Education , Political Science, Public Administration , Law and other social sciences;
- Masters Degree or relevant Post Graduate Qualifications in any of the above fields will be an added advantage;
- 8- 10 years hands on experience in PR and Communications of which 4 years must have been in senior management experience, preferably in a communications company;
- Highly energetic and motivated tech savvy PR professional;
- Experience and exposure to the ICT industry will be a considerable advantage
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.;
- Outstanding communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships, influence, motivate and encourage consensus amongst peers, managers and partners at all levels to produce high quality results.
- Have a very strong service orientation, with a track record of delivery and a demonstrated concern for quality;
- Be independent, mature and confident, with high levels of drive, initiative and tenacity;
- Have excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct the work of subordinate staff engaged in various professional, technical, and clerical functions.
The deadline for application is Friday the 15th July 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to: email@example.com
Milieu is seeking a full-time senior legal adviser to play a significant role in the legal team. This person will be expected to become involved in the process of developing all aspects of the environmental consultancy and participate proactively as part of the management team.
Milieu is aiming to fill this position by 15 Sept 2011.
Key tasks for this position will include the following:
- Direction and management of complex legal research and analysis projects, including overall quality assurance
- Managing projects to budget while ensuring that deadline and quality objectives are met
- Providing guidance and support to teams of national/local legal experts etc.
- Provision of substantive assistance in conceptualising and writing project reports
- Support for business development, including meeting with clients and drafting of proposals
- Mentoring and development of in-house junior lawyers
Key qualifications for the position:
- Masters level law degree, preferably with an EU law specialisation
- Minimum 10 years prior work experience. Experience of working with EU legislation essential.
- Familiarity with EU legislation in the fields of environmental protection, climate change, fundamental rights, public health, etc. a very strong advantage.
- Experience in managing teams and having budget responsibility.
- An independent, self-starter personality
- Strong organisational ability
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages desirable (knowledge of German would be an asset)
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word.
Please submit your application by July 15th 2011 to:
Eva Dobay, by e-mail or by post to:
Milieu Ltd. Rue Blanche 15, 1050 Brussels
The EFTA Surveillance Authority monitors compliance by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway with the law of the European Economic Area, enabling those countries to participate in the European internal market. In monitoring and enforcing the EEA Agreement, the Authority has powers that correspond to those of the European Commission. The Authority is based in Brussels and operates independently of the EFTA States. The Authority is led by a College which consists of three members appointed by the EEA EFTA States.
JOB REFERENCE : 11/11
The successful candidate will provide support relating to operational procedures in the Internal Market Affairs Directorate (e.g. checking compliance with case handling procedures, collecting data, producing statistics and reports, using Excel in particular), and provide general assistance to the management and staff of the Directorate. The successful candidate may also be assigned additional tasks by the Director.
- Relevant work experience and education,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English,
- Comfortable with figures and statistics,
- Very good computer literacy, especially proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point,
- Good organisational and communication skills,
- Flexibility and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Norwegian, Icelandic or German language skills (EFTA languages),
- Interest in European affairs,
- Experience in working on security related issues.
The performance indicators for this position include oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical skills and problem-solving, quality and result orientation, compliance with internal rules, processes and instructions, as well as sociability and teamwork, organisation skills, autonomy, motivation to work, initiative, transfer of knowledge, flexibility and creativity and IT skills.
The position is placed at grade B5 of the salary scale, starting at 45.578.88 € per year. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the indicated grade. Depending on, inter alia, the candidate's family status, allowances and benefits may apply. Favourable tax conditions apply.
Overview of conditions at: http:// www.eftasurv.int/about-the- authority/vacancies/recruitment-policy.
While its staff members shall normally be nationals of one of the three EFTA States party to the EEA Agreement, the Authority will also consider other applications, primarily those of nationals of the other States that are party to the EEA Agreement.
Start date: As soon as possible in the autum
Type and duration of appointment: fixed-term contract of three years.
Job title: Assistant.
If considered desirable, an additional fixed-term contract of three years may be offered.
Questions regarding the post may be posed to Mr. Ola fur Einarsson, Director of the Internal Market Affairs Directorate, to +32 (0)2 286 18 73 or
Mrs. Tuula Nieminen, Deputy Director of the Internal Market Affairs Directorate, to +32 (0)2 286 18 67.
Questions regarding the recruitment process may be posed to Mr Erik J. Eidem, Director of Administration, on +32 (0)2 286 18 90 or Mrs. Sophie Jeannon, HR Assistant, on +32 (0)2 286 18 93.
EFTA Surveillance Authority webpage:
Deadline for application:
5 August 2011
Interviews: August/September 2011
Application must be filled in and sent online at the following address:
Amnesty International Luxembourg
Amnesty International Luxembourg a.s.b.l. engage un(e) directeur/trice à raison de 40h par semaine et à durée indéterminée
- Forte motivation pour les droits humains
- Formation dans un des domaines suivants: droits humains, sciences politiques, économiques, gestion, communication
- Expérience dans une fonction de direction d’au moins 3 ans
- Expérience en gestion des ressources humaines, finances et gestion des risques
- Excellente maîtrise du français et de l’anglais à l’oral et à l’écrit. Luxembourgeois et/ou allemand: atout
- Excellentes capacités de communication et de représentation envers le grand public et les médias
- Connaissance des mécanismes nationaux et internationaux des droits humains
- Connaissance du droit international humanitaire et de la législation luxembourgeoise et européenne pour les matières couvertes par la mission et les plans d’Amnesty: atout
- Expérience en lobbying
- Connaissance de différentes techniques de collecte de fonds
CV avec photo et lettre de motivation sont à envoyer par courrier à AI-Luxembourg (23, rue des Etats-Unis, BP-1914, L-1019 Luxembourg) ou par mail à firstname.lastname@example.org au plus tard pour le 31 juillet 2011.
BRAK - Das Brüsseler Büro der Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer
Die Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (BRAK) repräsentiert als Dachverband der 27 regionalen deutschen Rechtsanwaltskammern und der Rechtsanwaltskammer beim BGH mehr als 158.000 in Deutschland zugelassene Rechtsanwältinnen und Rechtsanwälte und nimmt die berufspolitischen Interessen der Anwaltschaft auf Bundesebene und gegenüber den europäischen Institutionen wahr.
Für unser Brüsseler Büro suchen wir
eine wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin/einen wissenschaftlichen Mitarbeiter.
Der Schwerpunkt des Arbeitsgebiets liegt im Bereich des europäischen Zivil- und Verbraucherrechts. Zu den Aufgaben gehört ferner die Redaktion unseres Newsletters.
Voraussetzungen sind neben der Rechtsanwaltszulassung überdurchschnittliche Rechtskenntnisse, nachgewiesen durch ein Prädikatsexamen, rechts- und berufspolitisches Interesse im Rahmen einer Verbandstätigkeit und die Bereitschaft, in Ihrem Wirkungskreis Dienstreisen durchzuführen. Außerdem erfordert die Tätigkeit hervorragende Englischkenntnisse sowie sehr gute Kenntnisse der französischen Sprache. Sie sollten erste Berufserfahrung im Bereich der EU-Institutionen und fundierte Kenntnisse der EU-Entscheidungsprozesse mitbringen.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung bis spätestens 29.07.2011 an:
Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
z. Hd. RAin Dr. Heike Lörcher
Leiterin des Brüsseler Büros
Avenue des Nerviens 85, bte 9
European Training Foundation
Based in Turin, Italy, the European Training Foundation (ETF) is the EU centre of expertise in the field of human capital development. Working in countries neighbouring the EU, we help reform education, training and labour market systems in the context of the EU external relations policies. Our work is based on the conviction that helping people to learn and develop can contribute significantly to greater prosperity, sustainable growth and social inclusion.
The ETF is seeking a Deputy Director to coordinate and implement the ETF’s operational work. S/he will also be responsible, under the leadership of the Director, for stakeholder relations and internal management.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the EU institutions as well as EU policies in human capital development and external relations. S/he will also be highly skilled in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, human resources and financial management.
As an agency of the EU we offer a dynamic, multi-cultural working environment and attractive salary, benefits and working conditions.
Further details are available from the job vacancies section on www.etf.europa.eu. All applications must be submitted through the website or by fax.
The closing date for applications is 5 September 2011.
DLR Legal is urgently recruiting German speaking locum lawyers to participate in document review projects. The projects will take place in London, Brussels or Frankfurt and the positions are open immediately. Expected duration of minimum 3 weeks to 3 months.
You must be a qualified lawyer with document review experience. Excellent rates. If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft
Der Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft e. V. ist der Spitzenverband der deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft mit Sitz in Berlin. Wir vertreten die Interessen der Versicherungswirtschaft gegenüber Parlament und Regierung – national, in Europa und auch international. Als Dienstleister unserer Mitgliedsunternehmen befassen wir uns mit allen Themen von grundsätzlicher Bedeutung für die Versicherungswirtschaft.
Für unser Europabüro in Brüssel suchen wir ab 01.09.2011(für 16 Monate befristet; „Elternzeitvertretung“) eine/n Referenten/Referentin
- Unterstützung der Lobbyaktivitäten des GDV in Brüssel
- Betreuung für die Versicherungswirtschaft relevanter Dossiers auf europäischer Ebene; Informationsbeschaffung, - aufbereitung und -übermittlung; Beratung der zuständigen Mitarbeiter in Berlin
- Erstellung von Positionspapieren und anderen Ausarbeitungen für Adressaten auf europäischer und nationaler Ebene und zur internen Verwendung
- Vertretung des GDV in Gremien auf europäischer Ebene sowie Vertretung der Brancheninteressen gegenüber den europäischen Institutionen und der Öffentlichkeit
Sie sind Volljurist/in oder Volkswirt/in oder verfügen über einen vergleichbaren akademischen Abschluss. Sie verfügen über erste Erfahrungen im europäischen Kontext. Kenntnisse des Themenspektrums des GDV sind hilfreich. Sie haben Interesse an aktuellen Fragestellungen der Versicherungswirtschaft und der Wirtschaftspolitik sowie an europapolitischen Entwicklungen. Sie sind bereit und in der Lage, sich schnell in neue Themen einzuarbeiten. Sie verfügen über gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift. Kenntnisse in einer weiteren Amtssprache der EU sind nützlich. Sie sind versiert im Umgang mit zeitgemäßer Bürokommunikation (MS-Office, Internet/Intranet).
Persönlich überzeugen Sie durch Verhandlungsgeschick, Koordinierungs- und Durchsetzungsvermögen, Kontaktfreudigkeit und Ihre Bereitschaft zur Teamarbeit. Unerlässlich ist Ihre Begabung, komplexe Arbeitsergebnisse unterschiedlichen Gesprächspartnern verständlich zu kommunizieren. Sie zeichnen sich aus durch ein hohes Maß an Eigeninitiative sowie eine optimale Mischung aus Flexibilität analytisch-konzeptionelles Denken und anschauliche Sprache.
Haben wir Ihr Interesse geweckt? Für erste Auskünfte steht Ihnen die Leiterin des Europabüros, Frau Barbara Gallist, unter der Telefonnummer 0032/2/82-4733 zur Verfügung.
Wenn Sie sich für diese herausfordernde Aufgabe sowie für die damit verbundenen Gestaltungs- und Entwicklungsmöglichkeiten interessieren, freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung.
Ihre ausführlichen Bewerbungsunterlagen (tabellarischer Lebenslauf, Zeugniskopien, frühester Eintrittstermin) senden Sie bitte bis 29. Juli 2011 bevorzugt per E-Mail an den:
Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft e. V.
60,avenue de Cortenbergh, B-1000 Brüssel
Schwerbehinderte werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt.
EEN gaat voor een wereld zonder armoede. In 2000 hebben regeringsleiders van 189 landen internationale afspraken gemaakt: vóór 2015 moeten armoede, ziekte en honger ver teruggedrongen zijn. Dit is vertaald in acht concrete doelen: de Millenniumdoelen..EEN heeft twee kernactiviteiten waarmee jongeren tussen de 18 en 25 jaar in actie kunnen komen bij het behalen van de Millenniumdoelen: MyStyle en de campagne COMBEAT POVERTY. EEN is een initiatief van het Nederlands Platform Millenniumdoelen (NPM), een samenwerkingsverband van ruim 40 maatschappelijke en ontwikkelingsorganisaties. Elk jaar op 17 oktober, Wereldarmoededag, vraagt EEN via acties extra aandacht voor armoede in de wereld bij publiek en politiek.We werken hierbij samen in de Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP). GCAP is een netwerk in meer dan 100 landen, dat zich inzet om aandacht te vragen voor armoede en ongelijkheid wereldwijd.
Wij zoeken een enthousiaste en proactieve:
COMMUNICATIE- / CAMPAGNEMEDEWERKER M/V
die het EENbureau zo snel mogelijk komt versterken!
MyStyle, duurzame lifestyletips door en voor jongeren
MyStyle laat jongeren van 18 t/m 25 jaar in actie komen tegen armoede en voor de Millenniumdoelen. MyStyle is een activiteit waarbinnen een jongerenpanel producten en diensten test die bijdragen aan minder armoede in de wereld. Aan de hand daarvan geeft dit panel lifestyletips aan andere jongeren. Deze tips worden online aangeboden in de EENshop of Actiebalie. De jongeren spelen zelf een actieve rol in de promotie van de lifestyletips, maar jij stimuleert en inspireert hen. Daarnaast ben je verantwoordelijk voor de EENshop, dit betekent dat je zorgdraagt dat de producten, diensten of acties die de panels testen, op een goede manier worden opgenomen in de EENshop of Actiebalie. Je onderhoudt contact met onze distributiepartner die de distributie en verzending van de producten in de EENshop regelt en met onze samenwerkingspartner Stichting Oikos.
Je werkt intensief samen met drie collega's en bent onder andere verantwoordelijk voor:
• Projectmanagement van MyStyle.
• Strategieontwikkeling met betrekking tot de EENshop & Actiebalie.
• Coördinatie inkoopbeleid van de EENshop en contacten onderhouden met testpanels, leveranciers en bestellers.
• Opzetten en verspreiden van on- en offline promotieactiviteiten.
• Contact onderhouden met relevante media.
• Onderhouden van de contacten met participanten van NPM en (de managers van) bekende Nederlanders.
• Mede opstellen en redigeren van communicatiemiddelen.
• Minimaal HBO werk -en denkniveau, wat ondermeer blijkt uit een afgeronde opleiding op dat niveau.
• Affiniteit met internationale samenwerking.
• Affiniteit met de doelgroep van MyStyle.
• Ruime ervaring met communicatie- en campagnewerkzaamheden.
• Ervaring met het schrijven van (promotie)teksten.
• Een klantgerichte instelling.
• 2 - 5 jaar werkervaring.
• 32 uur per week.
• Een contract tot 1 mei 2012 met zicht op verlenging voor de duur van subsidie (tot 31 december 2013).
• Werkdagen maandag t/m donderdag. Op vrijdag is het kantoor gesloten.
• Het contract is rechtspositioneel ingebed bij Stichting Oikos. De CAO van de Protestantse Kerken Nederland is van toepassing.
• Salaris afhankelijk van opleiding en ervaring.
• Eindejaarsuitkering van 8,3%.
• Standplaats Woerden (naast het station).
|Contact persoon: Jaap van der Sar|
Informatiepakket is op te vragen bij jvdsar [at] stichtingoikos.nl (secretaris NPM), vanaf 25 juli kan telefonisch informatie worden verstrekt door Frederique Kram, 0348-421670 of via frederique@EEN.nl Voor informatie over EEN, bezoek www.EEN.nl
Ben je geïnteresseerd in de functie, stuur dan voor 15 augustus 2011 a.s. een sollicitatiebrief met C.V., onder vermelding van 'Vacature communicatie- / campagnemedewerker MyStyle' naar de secretaris van het NPM Jaap van der Sar, via jvdsar [at] stichtingoikos.nl
Area: Dar Es Salaam Application Deadline: Sep 23, 2012 Position Description: Click Here
Scholarships at School of Arts Research Studentships Study Subject: English and Humanities,Iberian and Latin American Studies,History of Ar...
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Programme is the UN organization that supports sustainable human development globally through the promot...
*Only applicants currently resident within Tanzania will be considered for this position* Africa’s Children-Africa’s Future (AC-AF) is a n...
Ref No WVT/P&C/F13/30 Job Title : Grants Manager-Babati STF Reports to: Chief of Party Location: Head Office. Purpose of the Positi...
AKIBA Commercial Bank PLC, a leading bank in micro finance; is currently recruiting suitably qualified Tanzanians to join its workforce i...
Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/D/34 22nd May, 2013 On behalf of the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration (CMA), Forestry Training Institute ( F...
Tanzania ports Authority (TPA) has vacant positions in its Directorate of Procurement & supplies,which need to be filled immediately wit...
Opportunities around the world Now is a great time to join Barclays as we continue on our journey to define the industry and become the...
The Regional Manager, TAN ROADS - Njombe is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland's trunk and Regional ...