We seek ambitious developers to build our systems for petabyte-scale data processing.
A candidate for this position will be interested in big data, distributed systems, availability and reliability of large systems, fault-tolerance, efficiency and performance.
We offer you the opportunity to make an impact and grow in a fast paced environment at the bleeding edge of commodity cluster computing. We need your passion, drive, energy and experience with distributed or supercomputing systems.
- Make an impact. Quantcast produces world-class analytics and advertising platforms with a small engineering team. Your impact will be much higher here than at a large company.
- Start fresh. We are growing fast and need new technology. Take this opportunity to start and grow new ideas.
- Short feedback cycle. Our development cycles are short. You get to see your contribution used and appreciated quickly.
- Great timing. We are a fast growing pre-IPO technocracy. It’s a rush, don’t miss it.
- Build solid, fast, efficient, scalable cluster software. Build systems software for one of the largest existing mapreduce clusters on thousands of cores, petabytes of data, and terabits of networking. Develop custom high performance systems: distributed file system, global schedulers, data pipeline and visualization.
- Build cluster productivity tools. Make the cluster as easy to program as a desktop, or easier, by implementing programming languages and automation for the cluster.
- Lead, don’t follow. Drive innovation and contribute to intellectual property in the area of distributed systems and parallel databases.
- Passionate, self-driven
- Extensive development experience in UNIX systems programming and design
- Excellent development skills in C/C++ or Java
- Experience with distributed or supercomputing systems
- Excellent problem solving skills, including system level debugging
- Understanding of mapreduce implementation a plus
Quantcast measures and organizes the world’s audiences in real-time so advertisers can buy, sell and connect with the people who matter most to them. We provide advertisers with a new way to evaluate their target customer profiles against the entire U.S. Internet population, so they can identify prospective customers numbering in the millions, even tens of millions.
Launched in 2006, we are currently used by the top 10 media agencies and more than half of the top advertising supported publishers. Quantcast works withover 30 of the top brands by advertising spend and marketers from every major vertical use us to define and buy the audiences that matter to them most. Quantcast connects the planning, buying, and media fulfillment processes, delivering the marketplace's most consistent and accountable audiences for the industry’s leading quality destinations.
We are based in San Francisco and New York with data centers around the globe. The leadership team consists of top talent across technology, advertising, and media.
Fast Company #3 Most Innovative Company on the Web - http://www.fastcompany.com/mic/2010/industry/most-innovative-web-companies
Senior Software Engineer - Map Reduce and Cluster R&D