International Astronautical Federation
Who is IAF?
The International Astronautical Federation is a worldwide federation of organisations active in space. It is responsible for the premier annual global space conference, the International Astronautical Congress.
Following its theme “A space-faring world cooperating for the benefit of humanity", the Federation advances the knowledge about space and the development and application of space assets for the benefit of humanity.
It maintains a worldwide network of experts in the development and utilisation of space. It remains to this day the only international federation for the space community that addresses all aspects of space - developments, activities, knowledge, experts and the future. The International Astronautical Federation is now the world’s leading space advocacy organisation with 226 members in 59 countries including all leading agencies, space companies, societies, associations and institutes worldwide. IAF organises the largest space-related congress every year in a different location.
Where are we?
The IAF Secretariat is based in Paris, France, and is responsible for the coordination of the IAF activities. It is the management body of the organisation, supporting the IAF members, the IAF experts and volunteers.
IAF Communication / Publication / Promotion Support
- Supporting the implementation of IAF external communication (press releases, newsletter, daily news, website content, etc.);
- Supporting the development and maintenance of IAF communication / promotion / marketing / branding / publication strategy;
- Supporting the development and maintenance of IAF corporate identity;
- Supporting the coordination of media relations and development of media contact data base;
- Supporting the coordination of all IAF publication;
- Supporting social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube);
- Supporting photo and video library;
- Supporting sponsorship activities for publications and events;
- Supporting maintenance / updating of IAF corporate documentation.
- University degree in communication, journalism, public relations or related fields;
- Work experience in communication, publication or related fields;
- Experience with social media and traditional media and website editing;
- Excellent English language skills (native speaking would be an advantage);
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- Strong web-editor skills, including experience in use of social media;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in producing diverse written products;
- Excellent IT proficiency (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Databases);
- Knowledge and experience with “InDesign”, Illustrator and Photoshop would be an asset;
- Languages: English (excellent oral and written skills / native) + any IAF official language is an asset;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong organisational and coordination skills and ability to prioritise work;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and manage multiple projects and processes while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Very good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment with a range of actors including very senior level officials;
- Commitment to achieve results in a timely way and to high standards;
- Capacity and willingness to learn and share knowledge;
- Ability to analyse problems, propose solutions, innovate and implement new initiatives;
- Open to work in an international environment;
- Enthusiasm and interest for space activities.
What do we offer?
- 1-year CDD (followed by CDI);
- Challenging job with exposure to the international space community at all levels;
- Occasional travels abroad;
- Access to a canteen;
- Attractive salary.
Declaration of interest
- Applicants should send their questionnaire answers along with their resume and cover letter to email@example.com;
- Starting Date: ASAP;
- Closing Date: 28 May 2012
- Questionnaire to be filled-in: http://www.iafastro.org/docs/2012/Communication_Support_Officer_Q.doc