- Position title: Senior Syndication Officer - Private Sector and Microfinance Department
- Grade: PL-5
- Position N°: 1274A
- Reference: ADB/12/048
- Publication date: 15/03/2012
- Closing date: 15/04/2012
The Syndication & Co-financing Unit within OPSM.1 is responsible for arranging financing under the Bank’s A/B-loan programme with commercial investors and syndicating facilities to other Development Finance Institutions. The objectives of this include to:
- Establish African Development Bank as the leading arranger of syndicated development co-financing in Africa;
- Mobilise funding from all external investors – commercial banks, Development Finance Institution (DFI), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), funds, etc. – to leverage the development impact of the deployment of the Bank’s risk capital;
- Integrate syndication and co-financing into OPSM’s operations, so that the mobilisation of external funding becomes the standard business model;
- Support investment officers in identifying co-financing opportunities and promoting the Bank’s distribution services to borrowers / sponsors;
- Assist with the structuring and pricing of proposals by feeding back market intelligence;
- Expand the use of other risk mitigation products.
- Enable the Bank to manage its portfolio through the sale of existing assets.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager and with guidance from the Lead Syndication Officer, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will include :
- Assist IOs in the preparation presentation of proposals and mandate letters to clients,
- Emphasise the benefits of syndication and co-financing;
- Build a network of working relationships with the widest possible group of commercial co-financiers, using contacts through working on operations, AFP meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Execute increasingly substantial aspects of the A/B-loan co-financings and Development Finance Institution (DFI) syndications;
- Perform market soundings and provide risk appetite feedback to OPSM management for their consideration of all private sector facilities.
- Support the development of risk mitigation products, including guarantees.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or other relevant fields;
- Preferably un minimum of 5 years’ banking experience including credit training or relevant skills within the Bank or other relevant institution;
- Familiarity with market practice, banking law and a wide range of industries and financial products;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, and preferably with a working knowledge of the other language;
- Ability to work under time pressure;
- Strong organizational, administrative, negotiation, marketing and presentation skills; and
- Ability to build working relationships (internal and external).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Submitted by: Mohamed Mahdi YOUSSOUF Division Manager, CHRM.1
- Approved by: Gemina O. ARCHER-DAVIES Director, CHRM
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs