Position: Warehouseman/ Chauffeur, FSN-3, FP-BB*
Opening date: January 24th, 2012.
Closing date: Until filled
Work hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary *Not-Ordinarily Resident: Starting Salary and Position Grade FP-BB to be confirmed by Washington.
Ordinarily Resident: $122,201.03 pesos per year (starting FSN-3 salary)
(Note: All ordinarily resident applicants must obtain the required work permit and/or must have the appropriate residency permit to be eligible for consideration.)
*Eligible Family Members and Members of Household must have at least one year remaining to their tour of duty to apply for this job.*
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is seeking an individual for the position of Chauffeur/Warehouseman in the General Services Office (GSO)
Basic function of position
The employee assists in the receipt, inspection, inventory, storage, disbursement, reclamation and sale of non-expendable property. The incumbent performs the duties of delivering and collecting furniture and appliances, and moving items between offices and residences. The employee participates in special events, property sales, inventories and visits, and drives when required.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information.
- Completion of local secondary school is required.
- Three (3) years of driving, warehousing and inventory of property and supplies or closely related experience is required.
- Level II (limited knowledge) English and level IV (fluent) Spanish are required. (Please see “To Apply” on pg 2 for test instructions).
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Must be able to use small hand tools and assemble furniture.
When equally qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address these qualifications in the application.
All applicants must pass a rigorous security certification process.
Additional selection criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work
- All Locally Employed Staff (LES) who have less than one year working in a position are not eligible to apply.
- In adherence to the recent guidance from the government of Mexican (GOM) to comply with the Mexican Nationality Law, all Mexican-American dual nationals need to be aware that they will be recognized as Mexican nationals by the GOM. Dual nationals are hereby advised that this may affect their application for employment as well as their application for a security certification. Until further guidance is received from the Legal Office of the State Department, EFMs will continue to be hired under the American Pay Plan; however, should the new policy be implemented, their appointment may change to the Local Compensation Plan.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following or the application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE ) form
- Non-Native Spanish speakers. For Spanish test, applicants should contact Amelia Bravo/Citlalli Millan at extensions 4175/4336 on M-W-F from 4:30 to 5:30. Non-EFMs, will be responsible for test fee.
- Any other documentation (e.g., copies of High School diploma, school transcripts, certificates, awards, essays) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in page 1.
- Test score of English language exam is required from the following institutions: (Cost is the applicant’s responsibility).
- TOEIC Standard Testing Services, Alpes #120-B, Esq. Prado Norte, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, 11000 Mexico, D.F., tel. 5540-3555/5540 3959.(Valid for two (2) years) or
- TOEFL (iBT/ITP/PBT). Information: http://www.iielatinoamerica.org/cgi-bin/contenido.pl?p=centrositp or http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/bbf/bftoefl.htm ((Valid for two (2) years).
- The scores for Level II English (limited knowledge) are : (TOEFL iBT 48+ or TOEFL ITP/PBT 460+ or TOEIC PBT 450+)
- Copy of typing test score (test may be taken at typingtest.com).
- Applicants who have completed a University Degree in the United States or any other English speaking country will be exempt from taking the ENGLISH TEST.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
Paseo de la Reforma #305 (PB)
06500 Mexico, D.F. or
E-mail: MexicoCityHRHD@state.gov (Please include position number in subject line of e-mail.) i.e. Warehouseman/ Chauffeur
Please check the U.S. Embassy web site for future vacancy announcements: http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/job_opportunities.html