Recently graduated in communication/media studies or journalism? Greenpeace International is offering three positions in its Communications Department internship programme. We are looking for brilliant new talent, fresh from college/university or a similar experience to join us for a six month internship from July/August/September 2012 to December 2012/January/February 2013 in Amsterdam. You will help support media strategy and network building, to inspire and mobilise millions of people to save the planet. There are currently three intern positions with a special skills focus on Media Analysis.
Skills and Requirements
- Have good written English and preferably good command of another language
- Love working in a multi-cultural environment,
- Be comfortable promoting an idea and defending an argument,
- Be good at multi-tasking,
- And be willing to learn new skills, and share your skills with others.
- Interest in and awareness of environmental issues
Tasks for Media Analysis Interns
- Reporting media (and social media) statistics
- Quantitative and qualitative media analysis
- Media trends research
- Create internal news briefings
- Aggregation and coding of media coverage
- Reporting web performance statistics
You will spend roughly 50 percent of your time on the tasks above and related work in the department. For the rest of your time, you will work together as a team on your own media analysis project. You will plan and execute the projects during your internship.
Conditions and How to Apply
Greenpeace International internships are full-time positions (up to 40 hours per week). Our internships are meant for recent graduates who have completed their studies less than 1 year ago. This internship lasts six months and remuneration is via a modest monthly honorarium. Due to the short notice of this announcement, only EU nationals and those with a valid work permit for The Netherlands are asked to apply. The interns will have to take out health insurance before starting the internship.
Due to the volume of applicants we regret we are unable to respond to individual queries. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the date of your application, we regret that you have not been short-listed for further consideration.
Please send a cover letter with links to relevant work you have done, and your CV to email@example.com before 10th of June 2012.