Toyota Technical CenterPowertrain Controls Co-op
Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing, Inc (TEMA) is responsible for North American vehicle development, engineering design, advanced research, and Toyota's growing manufacturing activities. Currently TEMA builds the Tundra, Sequoia, Avalon, Camry, Matrix, Corolla, Sienna, Tacoma, Lexus RX350 and the Venza vehicles within North America. This is a posting for an opening in the TEMA Co-op Program with the Toyota Technical Center located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In order to be considered for the position, you must meet the criteria of our Co-op Program including minimum GPA, satisfactory driving record, as well as being enrolled as a full-time student.
Term(s): Fall 12 (Sept-Dec) or Winter 13 (Jan-Apr)
Department(s): Powertrain Controls - Model Based Development (PTC-MBD)
Preferred Education: BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering with Control Theory Focus
School Requirements: Candidates with a GPA 3.0 (Cumulative) will be considered
Preferred Software Skills: Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Matlab, Simulink, Programming C++
- Conduct Control Theory Research for Integrated Powertrain, Drivetrain, and Chassis Control
- Conduct Plant Modeling Research for Integrated Powertrain, Drivetrain, and Chassis Control
- Apply theory to design integrated automotive control: MIL, SIL, HIL, engine test-bench, vehicle
- Verification and Validation (V&V) of powertrain control software / models
- Build in-house software tools / processes for V&V
- Apply advanced academic/commercial V&V tools/processes for V&V
- Investigate new technologies
- Document and Report Results
- Capture innovative work in Invention Disclosures
- Present and Attend Related Professional Conferences
- Publish in Professional Journals
Ideal Candidate: Strong automotive interest with automotive controls experience.
Location(s): Ann Arbor, MI
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "PTC-MBD Co-op". Please include an updated copy of your resume and attach an unofficial copy of your college transcript by 6/30/2012.
Additionally, please answer and include the following questions with your reply: