Union of Groups of Independent Retailer via People Forward
Description of the organization:
Established for more than 40 years, we are a European association acting in the commerce sector (food and non-food). UGAL represents a total employment of about 4.8 million people and acts in favour of its members to increase the value of their business and improve their economic performance.
UGAL’s objectives are as follows:
- To support and represent the interests and particularities of its members within the representative organisations and more in particular the European institutions.
- To make bilateral and multilateral exchanges of experiences possible for those interested.
The Legal Affairs Adviser will maintain permanent contact and closely collaborate with the European Commission; the European Parliament; the European Economic and Social Committee; European trade associations; and the UGAL member organisations.
Main responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor and communicate developments on various European policies relevant for the UGAL members;
- Identify issues of possible interest/concern to the UGAL members;
- Participate in meetings to defend, support and present UGAL’s concerns towards EU institutions as well as in umbrella trade association working groups/committees and respond to consultations carried out within these groups;
- Advocate the priorities of the UGAL members towards those entities orally and by drafting position papers and answering information requests;
- Actively represent UGAL in stakeholder events, conferences etc;
- The Legal Affairs Adviser will report to the Director General and the Senior Adviser Legal Affairs.
- Motivated, recent law graduate with a solid legal background (LLM or equivalent);
- Good knowledge of EU law and the EU decision-making process is a pre-requisite. A background in EU food law is advantageous;
- Ability to research a subject in detail;
- Native English speaker, or equivalent with excellent drafting skills. A good level of French OR German is needed;
- Good communicator, able to synthesise complex issues, negotiate and influence discussions in a diplomatic manner;
- Happy to work in a small team with the flexibility to contribute in other areas when needed;
- Dynamic and inquisitive with a pro-active attitude and strong interpersonal skills (approachable, good people skills).
THE APPLICATIONS CAN BE SENT TO
People Forward SPRL – Mr Eric Denis
Avenue de l’Aulne, 11 bte 4G
Tel.: +32 2 343 44 06
Mobile: +32 495 45 71 29