The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Audio Visual Producer at the GSS (General Support Staff) level, to be based at AfricaRice in Cotonou, Benin.
The Audio Visual Producer is based at AfricaRice, Cotonou, Benin, and part of a multi-disciplinary research team working to sustain and improve the productivity of rice-based systems in Africa in line with AfricaRice’s mission and mandate. She or he will work closely with other scientists within the Center, national agricultural research systems (NARS), universities and advanced research institutions. She or he will report to the Information and Knowledge Management Officer of the Rice Sector Development Program.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is an association of 24 African member states and one of the 15 international Centers supported by the Consortium of International Agricultural Research Centers (CGIAR). The Center’s mission is to contribute to poverty alleviation and food security in Africa, through research, development and partnership activities aimed at increasing the productivity and profitability of the rice sector in ways that ensure the sustainability of the farming environment. AfricaRice is temporarily headquartered in Cotonou, Benin.
Position: Audio Visual Producer
Responsibilities:S/He will be in charge of:
· Creating new and relevant content on a monthly basis, such as videos, audio clips, and other communication products
· Assisting in formatting and packaging research and projects into innovative and creative products for capacity building and extension purposes
· Recording key moments during conferences and events so that material can be re-purposed into a variety of extension and capacity building tools
· Coordinating and directing all aspects of the production process from preproduction through postproduction, such as scene development and layout, script writing, filming, music, voice-overs, timing, editing and arranging for translations
· Analysing how each scene will be lit, which camera filters and lenses to use, as well as the position of the camera
· Ensuring program, script, and sound conform to requirements
· Working with the media coordinator to produce e-learning tools, webinars, and other communication products
· Staying current on new filming techniques and equipment
· Assisting the program in producing new communication technologies
· Performing any other related duties
· University diploma/degree in Audio Visual Production
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a producer in a film/video/audio production company
· Good editing experience with good knowledge of video/audio editing software
· Solid interviewing and problem-solving skills
· Good organizational skills, a positive attitude and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
· Good knowledge of production techniques and technical requirements
· Able to produce material in both French and English, and oral fluency in both languages
· Experience working with colleagues and clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Able to balance working quickly under tight deadlines but also produce good quality productions
Candidates should send by an application including a cover letter and a detailed CV with the following information: Name, surname, gender, date of birth, family status, nationality, diplomas obtained, professional experience, language skills (French/English), the names and addresses (including telephone / fax / email) of three referees.
To apply online for this position, please click on the following web link:
Applications will be considered up to 16 March 2012.
AfricaRice believes that staff diversity promotes excellence in its operations, and encourages applications from women and developing country professionals.
AfricaRice thanks all applicants but only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about AfricaRice, please visit our website at