- Make a difference to scientific publishing
- Develop and deliver strategy aligned to evolving publishing trends
- Join CSIRO, one of the world's leading scientific research organisations
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. One of its roles is to interpret advances in global science and disseminate this information to the community at large through various media channels including CSIRO Publishing.
The Director, CSIRO Publishing reports to the General Manager, Communication and contributes positively to the impact of CSIRO, and science generally, by developing and leading a strategic function in the creation and dissemination of high-quality science information products to targeted markets.
Specifically you will:
- Develop and deliver the external engagement strategy and opportunities.
- Work with specialist Publishing and Communications teams to drive initiatives which focus on partnering for success
- Utilise leadership skills to build capability and generate knowledge transfer
Location: Collingwood, (Victoria)
Salary: An attractive salary package negotiable
Reference: VIC 12/00335
To be successful you will have:
- Capability to provide high level strategic leadership.
- Significant experience in electronic publishing and an understanding of industry trends, supported by relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated leadership in building high performance teams and innovation.
- Ability to build trust and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines.
- Experience delivering effective leadership and a strong commitment to collegiate behaviour.
About CSIRO: Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, CSIRO is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities across the nation.
CSIRO Publishing is an independent science and technology publisher of books, journals and magazines publishing across a broad range of scientific disciplines within a rapidly evolving publishing environment.
Find out more! Please view the Positions Details below or at www.csiro.au/careers Reference No: VIC 12/00335
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.