SNV Netherlands Development Organization is at this moment in a transformation process, changing itself from a subsidy-dependent institution into a multi-donor, entrepreneurial and financially sustainable (international) not-for-profit organization. In this transition that will be ready 2015 latest, the development and deployment of SNV’s staff is a key success factor.
Are you interested in joining an organization with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to take on the challenge to transform SNV’s Human Resources base into a flexible workforce while at the same time developing the competences of our staff in the three sectors SNV works in: Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Water and Sanitation? Are you driven by setting challenging targets for yourself and your team and going the extra mile for achieving results? Then SNV is awaiting your application.
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is looking for a:
Head of Human Resources
Based at the Head Office in The Hague (Netherlands), you report directly to the Managing Director Finance & Human Resources.
- Designs, proposes (and after approval) implements the Human Resources Strategy 2012 – 2015 as integral part of SNV’s overall strategy and transition process
- Outlines corporate HR goals on a yearly basis and executes (approved) annual HR plans within the given financial budget and human resources
- Leads and oversees the activities of the corporate HR unit in the Hague (advise, policy, back office and reporting) and functionally steers the decentralized HR functions in regions and/or sectors
- Realizes the professionalization in the priority areas of Human Resources:
- (Flexible) Workforce Planning
- Human Resources Development (including management development, project- and program management)
- Performance Management
- Robust, efficient HR processes (including HR management information)
- Acts as a sparring partner to the Management Board on all relevant HRM issues, including organizational development and legal cases
- Ensures a successful change within the HR department towards a result oriented, entrepreneurial culture, in which ownership and flexibility are key words
- Supports the Managing Director Finance & HRM in the cooperation with the Corporate Council, Dutch Works Council and Trade Unions
- Academic degree in a relevant discipline
- HR generalist with experience and proven track record in HR strategy, organizational development, competence and performance management and legal affairs
- Strong Leadership combined with execution power and implementation drive
- Organizational Sensitivity; able to create support and commitment in implementing the transition
- Capable Project manager
- Fluent in English, good in French and/or Dutch preferably
- Affinity with the development sector;
- Willingness to travel.
Contract Offer: 1 year with possible extension; preferred start date 1st of May 2012
HOW TO APPLY
You are invited to submit your application letter (CV and a motivation letter in English) together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package to Ms. Mireilla van der Linde (Mobility@snvworld.org) with reference NL 3506 until the 15th of April 2012. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snvworld.org