For 48 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. With more than 1,300 international employees, supported by 170 headquarter professionals, ACDI/VOCA currently operates in 41 countries managing 97 active projects; total revenue in 2011 exceeded $140 million.
Rural Value Chain Development Specialists, Indonesia
We are currently seeking rural development specialists with value chain development or market-led development expertise for an upcoming effort in Indonesia. Possible start date is July 2012, and the position is subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program. The objective of this program is to contribute to reduced poverty and increased competitiveness of poor male and female farmers in 4 Districts in each of East Java; NTT; NTB; Papua; West Papua (total 20). The program aims to achieve this objective through improved farmer practices; increased access to input and output markets; and improved business enabling environment at the regional level. While this program will require a systems approach (i.e., taking into account multiple commodities and value chains), entry points for engagement with local markets are likely to be found in commodities such as seaweed, maize, peanuts, cattle and livestock, and cocoa.
- Demonstrated experience implementing programs using market-led and/or facilitative approaches to develop agriculture systems, such as M4P, systems approach, or value chain development
- Five to ten years of managerial experience in agribusiness development, access to finance and/or competitiveness support activities for donor funded economic development projects
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing systems that improve access to information for agriculture value chain actors
- Expertise in one or more of the abovementioned commodities/value chains
- Relevant advanced degree
- Knowledge of Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) procurement and project implementation procedures and processes
- Ability to work in team to accomplish program goals
- English proficiency required
- Bahasa fluency strongly desired.
- Lars Volz
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556A361D43515B7E59192F77561D690D62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities are highly encouraged to apply. EOE.