Senwes, an agricultural organisation, has been at the forefront of the South African agricultural business for almost a century. The company has interests in the Free State, North West Province, Northern Cape and Gauteng.
With an annual turnover of R7,6 billion, it is clear that Senwes is the chosen service provider of the agricultural community.
Market-related remuneration packages
Senwes Grainlink focuses on procurement, handling, storing and marketing of grain and is one of the most important operating functions of Senwes. The abovementioned vacancies currently exist in this department.
- Relevant B degree/diploma in an agricultural or business-economicaldiscipline will serve as a recommendation
- Must have passed the SAFEX trade exam and must have admittance as trader on the South African Exchange (JSE)
- At least 2 years’ relevant grain marketing experience, including buying of grain
- Proven knowledge of and experience in the functioning and application of grain market instruments and be able to identify risks timeously
- Computer literacy
- Good leadership skills with strong organisational vision, initiative, self-motivation and negotiation skills.
Job functions: The successful candidate will be responsible for the marketing of producers’ grain including, amongst others, the following:
- Advising producers in respect of choice of marketing instruments
- Providing producers with relevant marketing information
- Entering into contracts and managing the fulfilment thereof
- Being visible at farmer associations, client forums and study groups
- Managing key performance areas of subordinates.
Senwes is committed to transformation through the appointment of persons from designated groups and potential candidates from these groups will enjoy preference.
Should you meet the above requirements and be of the opinion that you can make a contribution to the company, kindly complete the Application for Appointment document (A26/09), which can be electronically completed at www.senwes.co.za or is alternatively available from Theo Fourie at (018) 464-7405. If the document cannot be completed electronically, you may post it to: The Assistant General Manager: Human Resources, Senwes Limited, PO Box 31, Klerksdorp 2570, or fax 086 556 5965 or e-mail: email@example.com
Enquiries may be addressed to Theo Fourie at (018) 464-7405.
Should we not have contacted you within six weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application had been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 22 June 2012