The University of the West Indies (St Augustine Campus), Trinidad & Tobago
Professor in Mathematics
Department: FACULTY OF SCIENCE & AGRICULTURE, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
ACU Ref: 59240
Closing Date: 15 July 2012
PhD in the discipline of Mathematics.
- A record of a distinguished body of original work.
- Outstanding success in, and wide recognition of professional activities;
- Considerable undergraduate/graduate teaching experience at a recognized university/research institution, with extensive teaching of Mathematics;
- Several years experience as an active and published researcher, with a good research record of publications in peer reviewed international journals;
- Interest and experience in the field of e-learning at the tertiary level would be an asset
Areas of Specialization
- Strong preference will be given to applicants specializing in Discrete Mathematics.
- Applicants specializing in other areas of Pure Mathematics will also be considered.
- In every case, demonstrated interest in applications of Mathematics will be a great asset
Will be required to:
• Serve in a leadership role in research, teaching and curriculum reform,
• Attract research funding;
• Foster joint work with other disciplines, and campuses;
• Build links to promote Mathematical education at the Secondary School level;
• Develop strategic links with the Ministry of Education and other local and regional stakeholders.
Must have strong leadership skills, be a team player, a problem solver and customer focused.
Applications (two copies) should be sent to the Campus Registrar, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I., Fax No. 1-868-663-9684. Full CV and application forms which must be completed fully and can be obtained at the above address and at http://www.sta.uwi.edu must be submitted. The names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
Closing date: 15 July 2012