Do you want to make a difference in Somalia?
Are you committed to honesty and integrity?
If you answered yes to all three questions and want to join a dynamic team working on stabilization initiatives in Somalia please read on.
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex
crisis that has evolved in Somalia and the self-declared Republic of Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizens’ relationships with government officials.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals.
The TIS program is currently seeking a skilled, diplomatic, effective, and highly motivated Senior
- As our Senior Accountant, you will manage all transactions related to the DAI TIS project.
- You will ensure that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing complete and accurate field reports to
the Home Office for all field offices financial activities.
- You will provide support in other finance areas as
necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with the DAI Home Office staff.
Qualifications and skills sought
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Financial Management or other appropriate field.
- CPA qualification required.
- Five years’ experience in financial accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience working using Oracle as a financial management system preferred.
- Previous auditing experience highly sought.
- Previous experience working in Somalia or on Somalia programs highly sought.
- Knowledge of Somali and Kenyan tax laws.
- USAID experience a plus. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties and work irregular hours under unpredictable conditions.
- Demonstrated expertise working on a Somalia program preferred.
- Ability to audit financial documentation.
- Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships essential.
- Ability to travel to Somalia.
Do you have the above qualifications and skills? Please send
- a CV
- current position and salary history and
- three professional references
Closing date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.