Lecturer Law and Water Diplomacy (m/f), 0.84 FTE and Lecturer River Basin Governance (m/f), 0.84 FTE
Posted: 14 Jun 2012 02:57 AM PDT
The UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education offers post-graduate education in Delft, The Netherlands, and carries out research and capacity building projects all over the world. The mission of UNESCO-IHE is to contribute to the education and training of professionals and to build the capacity of sector organizations, knowledge centres and other institutions active in the fields of water, the environment and infrastructure in developing countries and countries in transition.
UNESCO-IHE has a permanent staff of 180, of which 90 are scientific staff, while about 250 guest-lecturers from academia and industry contribute to the educational programme. Each year 750 participants (incl. about 200 new MSc students per year) from all over the world attend the various regular and short courses at UNESCO-IHE.
The Integrated Water Systems and Governance Department provides post-graduate education and training in the area of water management. In addition the department carries out research and supports the development of education and research capacity in universities and other knowledge centres in the developing world. Within this Department the newly established Water Governance Chair Group focuses its activities on water governance issues at different spatial scales. The Water Governance Chair Group has 2 vacancies:
Lecturer Law and Water Diplomacy (m/f), 0.84 FTE
Lecturer River Basin Governance (m/f), 0.84 FTE
The new staff member is expected to contribute to education, research and capacity development projects concerning water governance within the department, with the other academic departments and with partner institutions. The new staff member is willing to work on interdisciplinary topics in multidisciplinary research groups comprising, among others, water engineers, (aquatic) ecologists, economists and social scientists.
• Teach and coordinate courses in the fields of water and river basin governance, water law, water conflict management and water diplomacy;
• Initiate, develop and implement research projects in the same field;
• Co-supervise MSc and, if applicable, PhD and Postdoc research;
• Develop innovative post-graduate education and professional training programmes;
• Acquire and contribute to international capacity development, advisory and other projects.
• A postgraduate degree in law, social sciences or water management, with a demonstrable interest and experience in water-related issues;
• A keen interest in conducting interdisciplinary research;
• Motivated to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment;
• Fluent in English, and preferably also in Spanish and/or French;
• Affinity with, and preferably working experience in, developing countries and/or countries in transition.
Terms of employment
This position is a temporary position for two years. A competitive salary (starting scale 10 / end scale 11, CAO Dutch Universities CAO Dutch Universities) is offered depending on qualifications and experience in accordance with the conditions of employment for Dutch Universities. The appointment implies entry into the Netherlands’ Civil Service Pension Fund (ABP). Candidates must be prepared to carry out long- and short-term missions abroad.
Information and application
Additional information can be obtained from:
• Prof. Dr. Jan Leentvaar (T: +31(0)15 2151712 / E: email@example.com)
• Dr. Klaas Schwartz (T: +31(0)15 2151357 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications in English can be sent till 1 July 2012 (closing date) including application form, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, motivation letter and the names and contact details of two contactable referees, to UNESCO-IHE, attn. Human Resource Management (E: email@example.com ), PO Box 3015, 2601 DA Delft, The Netherlands, stating:
• vacancy-number 12-IWSG-01 for Lecturer Law and Water Diplomacy;
• vacancy-number 12-IWSG-02 for Lecturer River Basin Governance.
Deloitte East Africa Audit - Associate - Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the publ...
1 hour ago