Operations and Office Administration Manager, Kenya
We are currently seeking an Operations and Office Administration Manager for our three-year USAID-funded East Africa Maize Drying and Storage program in Kenya. The program will test innovative drying and storage technologies, leverage partners to commercialize these technologies, and implement storage technologies that will reduce aflatoxin contamination and post-harvest losses at the smallholder farmer level. These activities are part of the Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa (PACA) and are implemented by ACDI/VOCA and Agribusiness Systems International (ASI). The Operations and Office Administration Manager will handle all aspects of administration, procurement, HR and operations of the project. He or she will be the final point of review and signatory for all administrative and financial requests before they are submitted to the Program Manager and will ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Support the Program Manager in the daily management of the Nairobi office and program operations, including but not limited to: procurement, HR (including managing the recruitment and hiring of new employees and consultants), grants management, office administration and monitoring the timely submission of reports.
- Compile and draft reports, letters and memoranda. Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual activity reports and periodic reports whenever required.
- Contribute to effective communication within the office and create new ways to increase the efficiency of the administrative, procurement and HR program components.
- Provide information for ACDI/VOCA pamphlets, newsletters and presentations as needed.
- Maintain strict adherence to USAID rules and regulations (particularly with regard to procurement), ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures, and local Kenyan laws. Raise any issues of potential concern with the Program Manager and ACDI/VOCA HQ, coordinate with ACDI/VOCA’s Program Awards and Compliance office as necessary, and maintain proper lines of authority for approval.
- Provide oversight to grantees and subcontracts, ensure files are completed and up to date at all times, liaise with partners to ensure reporting is timely and accurate.
- Contribute to program monitoring, data collection, analysis and evaluation.
- Oversee all administrative, finance and procurement files to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with award terms and conditions. For example, ensure that timekeeping files are well- managed, procurement files are complete, and procurement is finalized and well-documented.
- Develop and maintain a procurement tracking system.
- Provide procurement and logistical oversight to the program in order to increase the quality and reliability of local suppliers of materials, goods and services.
- Maintain financial records related to all procurement (bids, pro forma invoices, etc.) based in Nairobi.
- Monitor compliance with procurement within the budget provided by the Program Manager and program staff to effectively manage project procurement and logistics.
- Prepare and submit monthly supporting documentation related to all project procurement from Nairobi to the Program Manager for approval.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager, Finance Manager and U.S.-based program staff to ensure that the field office’s logistics and procurement matters are executed efficiently.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in management or related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing office operations and demonstrated understanding of and experience with USAID policies and procedures, including but not limited to 22 CFR 226 and OMB Circular A-122.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili required.
- Experience working in Kenya agricultural programs, including direct experience with community and agricultural training programs highly preferred.
- Excellent data collection, data analysis and evaluation skills.
- Lars Volz
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume to http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6C361D43515B7E59192F77561C630C62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.