- Grade: PL-5
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/12/097
- Publication date: 23/04/2012
- Closing date: 24/05/2012
The objective of the unit is to provide recommendations and support in the overall management of the Human Resources. The unit is required to strongly engage with its partners to identify, design and implement various HR business-oriented policies and strategies related to:. HR Strategy, Policy and Practice, Staff Planning and Recruitment, Performance Management & Career Development, Learning & Organizational Effectiveness, Compensation & Benefits, HR Analytics, Planning & Budgeting.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general guidance of the Division Manager CHRM.1, the Staff Planning Officer will undertake the following assignments:
- Collates staffing data by organizational Unit and conduct data analysis with a view to determining staffing levels
- Identifies staffing issues such as attrition rates, vacancy rate, demographic trends with a view to recommending solutions to ensure that the Bank’s strategic agenda is not compromised
- Partners with other HR Organizational Units and stakeholders to ensure data integrity of the HR database through regular and timely update of data in the system.
- Assists in projecting staffing needs into the future using actual scenarios and using same as baseline for resource planning.
- Participates actively in developing a robust platform for succession planning to cover every lacuna resulting from attrition rate
- Acts as a data resource administrator for all historical data and statistics on recruitment and Staffing by developing, revising, analyzing and compiling various statistical reports on staffing and recruitment activities across the Bank
- Develops reporting timelines to capture the progress of recruitment activities across the Bank with a view to advising management on current status and how to avert any future lapses if any
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related disciplines; and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as capacity to build relevant reports for Management needs
- Strong client orientation and the ability to build and manage relationships at all levels
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding professional environment, and to deal with multiple tasks and deadline, working independently and with minimal supervision
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project). User knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English or French, and a working knowledge of the other language
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Submitted by: Mohamed Youssouf, Division Manager, CHRM.1
- Approved by: Gemina Archer-Davies, Director, CHRM
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs