IICD is a non-profit foundation that specialises in information and communication technology (ICT) as a tool for development. IICD is active in Africa and Latin America where we bring about technical and social innovations that create and enhance development opportunities in education, health, agriculture and economic development.
For maximum impact we work closely with partners from the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Our aim is to support our local partners in their efforts to formulate and implement their own ICT-led development policies and programmes. IICD is in the process of adapting and fine-tuning its long-term strategy up to 2018.
More information about IICD can be found at: www.iicd.org
To strengthen and further guide our Country Programmes team we are searching for a:
Head of Department, Country Programmes
Our new colleague is a strong inspiring people manager with strategic vision and change management competences. The Head of Department, Country Programmes (CP) is responsible for the coordination and direction of all IICD’s Country Programmes within the framework of IICD’s vision, mission and future strategy.
Summary of key responsibilities
- (Re)-define, promote, and communicate the Country Programmes strategy/approaches and their importance both internally within the organization, and externally within the different countries in which IICD works ensuring community involvement as a critical component of organizational success;
- Participate in meetings of the Management Team (MT) and other key decision-making groups;
- Present information, proposals, and recommendations as appropriate, contributing to the overall strategy for IICD;
- Initiate and stimulate the development of new products and services related to ICT for Development (ICT4D), exploring new business models, measuring impact and championing technical and social innovations;
- As a people manager, responsible for managing, facilitating and supervising the Country Programme team, coordinating with them to ensure the appropriate delivery of results and that financial and administrative support is provided to all programme activities;
- Coordinate fundraising activities in the South;
- Foster relationships and strategic alliances with partners, networks, governments and NGOs in partner countries and closely collaborate with the Community Relations Team on establishing Northern partnerships in order to achieve a broad and lasting impact on the ICT4D programmes supported by IICD in Africa and Latin America;
- Stimulate knowledge sharing activities.
- In possession of an EU working permit;
- Master Degree in ICT, Economics, Development, Social Sciences, Management or a related field;
- Highly organized, able to work in a fast-pace, inter-disciplinary, multicultural work environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably also in Spanish and/or French;
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think and act strategically while possessing the managerial skills to enable the "hands-on" execution of projects;
- At least 7 years experience of managing and developing (international) teams and the ability to lead, motivate and develop teams;
- A strong understanding of the NGO world in combination with working experience with the private sector is appreciated;
- At least 5 years of experience of working in developing countries;
- A strong understanding of and/or experience with ICT for development;
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate with other key decision-makers in a complex environment;
- A firm grasp of resource and financial management.
- Competent work environment with room for personal development and initiative;
- Competitive salary package conform Dutch NGO standards;
- International working environment.
To apply please email your Covering Letter plus CV to:
Ms F. Alvarez (Sr. HR Adviser) at email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact:
Ms F. Alvarez +31 (0)70- 311 73 11
31 August, 2012