Standard Bank's Scorecard Development Team seeks the expertise of a highly motivated and driven individual to provide support to the business users of the credit risk scorecards by monitoring the usage and performance of all the scorecards in use in South-Africa and the Rest of Africa. The jobholder will also proactively recommend actions based on the scorecard tracking output.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Provide clear, accurate and complete monitoring documentation for all scorecards in use and ensure that these are stored in the appropriate manner for subsequent easy, controlled access.
Documentation should be compiled as specified in the scorecard monitoring process and procedure guide and consist of the following.
Present the monitoring reports to the appropriate Bank forums on a monthly basis with the respective portfolio teams.
Compiling minutes of monthly meetings that clearly define action points completed and new matters arising.
Assist business with ad hoc projects as and when required.
testing scorecards post-implementation to ensure segmentation, characteristic mappings, scoring and ARI/BRI assignments are all correct.
Support system changes with regards to identified system changes (errors and enhancements).
Delivering support to users of scorecard monitoring reports to ensure appropriate understanding of performance measures, and of current industry and company's specific risks.
Maintaining relationships with third party suppliers of data to enhance high quality data to be used when producing the monitoring reports (data and implementation teams).
Building and maintaining relationships with relevant business areas/users of the scorecard monitoring reports.
Minimum of BSc/B Com degree in statistics, mathematics, operations research, mathematics of finance, engineering, or equivalent actuarial degree, or subject with appropriate statistical content.
Strong practical understanding of statistical concepts (Assumptions, parameters, interpretation of the results).
The ability to become highly competent in the usage of statistical software package(s) e.g. SAS, SPSS, Matlab.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- compile accurate , neat scorecard monitoring reports to an agreed timetable
- assist with scorecards implementation including scorecard testing in Test and Production Environment
- complete monitoring documentation for all scorecards in use and ensure that these are stored in the appropriate manner for subsequent control
- testing scorecards post-implementation to ensure segmentation, characteristic mappings, scoring and ARI/BRI assignments are all correct
- statistical regression methodologies
- data manipulation in a SAS environment
- statistical Measures to test the effective use of Risk Scorecards
- the Credit Agreements Act and associated legislation
- statistical software package(s) e.g. SAS, SPSS, Matlab
- practical understanding of statistical concepts
Standard Bank is a South African-based financial services company with a global presence. Standard Bank believes that it is through their people that they will succeed and that only by working together will they make their offering to its customers. Standard Bank - Moving Forward.Apply online before 16/02/2012.
Scorecard Analyst (Monitoring)