Position: Vetting Assistant, FSN-6
(1 year – temporary position)
Opening date: March 7th, 2012.
Closing date: Until filled
Work hours: Full time: 40 hours/week
Salary: Ordinarily Resident: $177,424.34 pesos per year (FSN-6 starting salary)
(Note: All ordinarily resident applicants must obtain the required work permit and/or must have the appropriate residency permit to be eligible for consideration.)
*Eligible Family Members and Members of Household must have at least one year remaining to their tour of duty to apply for this job.*
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is seeking an individual for the position of Vetting Assistant in the Political Section (POL).
Basic Function of Position
The incumbent will conduct criminal checks to support the Vetting Unit within the Political Section (POL) in fulfilling its mandates to manage vetting for the Embassy and monitor human rights. This requires analysis of databases, preparation of reports and related documentation, maintaining records, assisting in managing information flow and other duties as needed.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information.
- Two (2) years of University studies is required.
- One year of administrative experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) English is required. (Please see “To Apply” on pg. 2 for test instructions). Spanish is not required.
- Ability to use MS Office (word-processing, spreadsheet software) and to conduct research on the internet is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET LEVEL security clearance.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
NOTE: Consideration of EFMs will be based on funding availability. Please contact the EFM Coordinator at x4096 for more details.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions
within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work
- All Locally Employed Staff (LES) who have less than one year working in a position are not eligible to apply.
- In adherence to the recent guidance from the government of Mexico (GOM) to comply with the Mexican Nationality law, all Mexican-American
dual nationals need to be aware that they will be recognized as Mexican nationals by the GOM. Dual nationals are hereby advised that this may
affect their application for employment as well as their application for security certification. Until further guidance is received from the Legal Office
of the State Department, EFMs will continue to be hired under the American Pay Plan; however, should the new policy be implemented, their
appointment may change to the Local Compensation Plan.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following or the application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) form
- http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/136408.pdf plus
- Non-Native Spanish speakers. For Spanish test, applicants should contact Amelia Bravo/Citlalli Millan at extensions 4175/4336 on M-W-F from 4:30 to 5:30. Non-EFMs, will be responsible for test fee.
- Any other documentation (e.g., copies of High School diploma, school transcripts, certificates, awards, essays) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in page 1.
- Test score of English language exam is required from the following institutions: (Cost is the applicant’s responsibility).
- TOEIC Standard Testing Services, Alpes #120-B, Esq. Prado Norte, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, 11000 Mexico, D.F., tel. 5540-3555/5540 3959. (valid for two (2) years) or
- TOEFL (iBT/ITP/PBT). Information: http://www.iielatinoamerica.org/cgi-bin/contenido.pl?p=centrositp or http://www.usembassy-mexico.gov/bbf/bftoefl.htm (valid for two (2) years).
- The scores for Level IV (fluent) are : (TOEFL iBT 105+ or TOEFL ITP/PBT 620+ or TOEIC PBT 850+)
- Applicants who have completed a University degree in the United States or any other English speaking country will be exempt from taking the ENGLISH TEST.
Submit application to:
Human Resources Office
Paseo de la Reforma #305 (PB)
06500 Mexico, D.F. or
E-mail: MexicoCityHRHD@state.gov (Please refer to position number in subject line of e-mail i.e.) Vetting Assistant