Veterinaires Sans Frontieres Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
VSF Germany is registered and licensed in Ethiopia by charities and societies agency as a foreign charity since March 2010. In the region VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, and Tanzania.
VSF Germany is looking for a motivated and committed staff to fill the following position;
2. Emergency project officers
The purpose of project officer’s position is to effectively implement Emergency project component activities. He/she ensures the proper implementation of UNOCHA funded livelihood based Children Nutrition Emergency project activities in Afdera and Berehale districts of Afar region, in collaboration with other VSF Germany staffs. He/she is also responsible for assisting the project manager in project designing, planning, budget preparation, reporting and so on.
Key duties and Responsibilities
• Engages primarily in the implementation of livestock /livelihood component of the emergency project in accordance with project design, implementation plan and other interim plans;
• Participates in the development of a detailed implementation plan with staff and partners/stakeholders;
• Ensures that each project component of the project are interlinked and comprehensive covered;
• Provides technical assistance and support to other team members of the project.
• Makes sure that project activities are performed in line with the work plan;
• Participates in project activity and budget planning
• Lead project implementation, monitoring, follow up and evaluation at district level
• Ensures that summary of community meetings, seminars or workshops facilitated and or attended by project staff is well documented and shared with others;
• Together with the Project Manager, compiles monthly, quarterly, midterm and annual reports for government, Donors and other partners;
• Together with the Project Manager, properly document the achievements and lessons of the project activities and share with concerned stakeholders
• In close consultation with the Project Manager, liaises with relevant government institutions, counterparts, NGO and CBO partners with the objective of effective implementation of the project activities;
• Establishes an effective working relationship with government, non-governmental and community based organizations;
• Work cordially with local partners, authorities and leaders in reaching the beneficiaries.
• Keeps herself/himself updated about recent developments in assigned technical area and related issues;
• Facilitates trainings, workshops, experience sharing visits, etc that are related to the needs of target beneficiaries and government line departments
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required.
• University Degree in Animal Science and Production, Veterinary Medicine or development and related fields.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in NGO in the area of rural development and emergency projects
• Knowledge and experience of working with pastoral communities in Afar and speaking local languages will be an added advantage
• Language proficiency in written and spoken English;
• Computer literacy in MS-Word, Excel;
• Interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
• Technical knowledge in area of expertise and profession;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Good in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to cross cutting issues (eg HIV/AIDS) and participatory approach and focus on sustainable development
• Willingness to work in remote pastoral settings with beneficiary communities
• Competencies required include, accountability, courage, building partnership, innovation, stress tolerance
Contract Duration: 6 months
Place of work: Livestock officer’s positions are based in Afdera and Berehale districts of Afar region
No of Positions: Two
Salary: as per the organization scale
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to: postal address or via email address VSF Germany, P.O. Box 2278/1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 3rd July 2012, before 12:00 am midnight. Qualified Women are encouraged to apply.
Support Worker (Scoop) - *Building a world-class diamond group* *Kimberley Underground Mine JV* Kimberley Underground Mine JV is situated in the town of Kimberley in the Northern...
9 hours ago