Are you ready for a challenge?
An opportunity to -
- change career direction
- to work on a high profile national epidemiological research study
- to join a dedicated team of research professionals
Regional Study Facilitator, Midlands, required to work on the "Observational Safety Evaluation of Asenapine" (OBSERVA) study at the Drug Safety Research Unit, Southampton
The Organisation: The Drug Safety Research Unit (DSRU) in Southampton is a leading research unit that monitors the safety of marketed medicines. The Unit is associated with the University of Portsmouth and has a high national and international profile.
The Position: We are seeking a health care professional (e.g. nurses, pharmacists, pharmaceutical company professionals) to work on the OBSERVA Study. The OBSERVA study will form a national registry for patients who are newly prescribed the new anti-psychotic medicine, asenapine, in the mental health setting.
This is a home-working post, although significant travelling will be involved. Cars will be provided.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to liaise with clinical and scientific colleagues throughout the National Health Service in England, the Mental Health Research Network and the DSRU. The role is planned for a 3 year period starting in early 2012.
What qualifications are needed?
- Experience in being involved with large national studies or other medical research whilst an advantage is not essential
- Clinical experience in mental health whilst desirable is unnecessary
- Willingness to learn new skills (support will be provided for appropriate career development)
In addition, the successful applicant will be required to be confident, innovative, self-motivated, good team player and with excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
What aspects of research experience will be gained?
- Develop research skills in conducting a population-based epidemiological study on the safety of medicines (or further experience) in conducting this kind of study
- Attend national and international scientific meetings
- Training will be provided as necessary
Full or Part-time?
Although this position is full-time, we will consider any applicant who may wish to work part-time.
Salary will be in the region of £26,000 per annum (or pro-rata if part-time) depending on experience.
Informal enquiries to Dr Vanessa Marshall, Senior Clinical Research Fellow: Tel: 023 8040 8600: email email@example.com
For further details of the application procedure please contact:
Tel: 023 8040 8600: Rachel Green, Secretary
Closing date: 22 February 2012