Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 40 countries and revenues of over $140 million.
Outreach Coordinator, Kenya
We are currently seeking an Outreach Coordinator for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Kenya. The program will focus on testing innovative drying and storage technologies, leverage partners to commercialize these technologies, and scale storage technologies that will reduce aflatoxin contamination and post-harvest losses at the smallholder farmer level. These activities are part of the Partnership for Aflatoxin Control in Africa (PACA) and implemented by ACDI/VOCA and ASI. The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical support of training activities, coordination of technology instillation and the development of training material as needed.
- Assist with survey design, coordinate survey work, collect, file and collate survey results
- Coordinate off farm testing, ensure project established protocols are adhered to, manage grain sampling, grading and testing, ensure data is collected, filed and collated appropriately
- Coordinate on farm testing including identifying suitable test farmers, provide appropriate training, manage grain sampling, grading and testing as per project protocols, ensure data is collected, filed and collated appropriately
- Provide direct training to local farmers on how to best utilize new drying and storage technologies
- Prepare simple training material applicable for each technology being tested with the farmers
- Assist the COP with daily project management, contributing to project decision-making by providing input on the outreach activities
- With the COP, provide management and monitoring of program implementation to achieve program objectives and planned results.
- Work with the COP to develop sound relationships with our private sector partners, ensuring proper feedback from off farm and on farm field testing as well as results from survey work.
- Collaborate with the COP and other technical staff to ensure program activities are in accordance with the project budget and work plan.
- Collaborate with the Grants Manager in the oversight of compliance and assist in ensuring compliance with all donor-related and ACDI/VOCA-specific policies.
- Support the COP in representing ACDI/VOCA with current and potential donors, the government ministries, non-governmental organizations, USG partners, and other stakeholders
- Assist the COP in managing the contract and resolving contractual issues with project partners, including the local partners operating under grants and performance-based contracts.
- 5 years minimum of experience in providing direct training to populations in rural environments for development projects
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and interpersonal skills with the ability to dialogue, network, and negotiate with donor agencies, international institutions, various stakeholders and development partners
- Experience in collecting data on the outputs and outcomes
- Effective team management and leadership skills; effective partnership management skills; ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds
- Good written and spoken Swahili and English required
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume to http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5546A361D43515B7E59192F77561B6A0462774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.