KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Set and enforce a high standard of housekeeping in all work areas to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and contractors.
• Review and sign-off on JSA’s/SOP’s ensuring risks are identified and mitigated.
• Review hazard ID and incident reports and provide feedback as appropriate.
• Conduct quality incident investigations, complete with detailed root cause analysis and practical corrective actions.
• Establish and refine maintenance strategies for the Process Plant, in consultation with Process, Maintenance Planner and contractors/OEM’s to ensure that PM’s and other routine maintenance activities will deliver the desired equipment performance – e.g. equipment availability/reliability targets.
• Review (with Supervisor and Maintenance Planner), sign-off and execute weekly maintenance schedule to ensure all priority maintenance activities are prioritised and managed effectively.
• Report Work Management KPI’s to assess compliance to the schedule and associated work efficiencies, including the effective management of backlog.
• Develop annual budget with support from the Maintenance Planner. Report actual costs versus budget on a monthly basis and explain variances.
• Complete annual performance reviews for all direct reports, in consultation with the Leading Hand.
• Ensure that succession planning for key roles is in place.
• Coordinate the updating of the crew’s training matrix through the Training Department and ensure that all direct reports are completing an appropriate level of training to be deemed competent for all tasks that they are assigned.
• Assume the role of shift Supervisor during plant shutdowns to ensure 100% coverage.
• Initiate and implement continuous improvement initiatives
• Mechanical Trade from a recognised institution
• Technical qualification in Maintenance Planning/Asset Management
• 5 to 10 year’s practical experience in a maintenance environment, preferably in mining/heavy industry and Gold Plants
• Minimum of 2 years frontline supervisory experience
• Demonstrated safety leadership for both self and for a team
• Experience with computer-based maintenance planning/scheduling
• Experience working in a minerals processing plant
• Proficient with MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook)
• Exposure to:
o Zero-Based Budgeting (ZBB) principles
o Condition monitoring practices such as oil analysis, vibration analysis, ultrasonic testing, thermography, etc.
o Proficiency in conducting failure analysis and in the use of root cause investigation techniques
o Familiarity with the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations
Primary LocationTanzania-Shinyanga Region-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Tanzania-Shinyanga Region-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine