2. To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
3. Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of operation risk within the Unit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Custodian of Key Register
• Ensure reconciliation of Suspense Accounts
• Processing of Branch expenses
• Monitor branch security and maintenance
• Maintain records of Contactors and Overall Maintenance of Bank Assets
• Oversee receipt and despatch mail to/from various points including statements
• Supervise back office processing.
• Ensure availability of required stationeries and equipment
• Verify local and international outward Telegraphic Transfer messages
• Perform Call Backs on TT and Inward Clearing items
• Test and authorise payment for local inward Telegraphic Transfers
• Plan and manage staff administration issues for support staff (i.e. local leave, training, Dept staff rotation)
• Ensure timely submission of reports to Head Office
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of delivery of B/O and mail to respective departments
• Review the branch and prepare monthly KRI and to adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and
• To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA and KRI related activities
• To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
• Ensure recoveries are appropriate Bank Interest and Commissions
• BCP custodian and safe custodianship.
• Ensure prompt dispatch of foreign cheques purchased (CPs) and Outward Bills for Collection
• Co-Custodian of Vault Cash
• Custodian of CCTV, branch security, maintenance and healthy and safety.
• Ensure that the Money Laundering requirements are followed as follows:-
a) Take all reasonable steps to verify and identify customers, including performing Quality Assurance on
accounts opened, and the general CDD issues
b) Retain adequate records of identification, account opening and transactions and ensure timely despatch of customer mandates to Central Filing Unit (CFU) per SLA
c) Make/assist to effective reporting of suspicious transactions using the right internal channels
d) Raise awareness of Money Laundering prevention by training all staff
• Carry out any responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
• Ensure smooth work flow between HUB and Branch
• Ensure all AOF dispatched to Hub and acknowledgment of the same in place
• To report Unit's operational risk issues and losses to UORM
• To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
• Act as operation risk coordinator for the branch
• To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
• To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
• Act as a link around the branch, spoke and hub
• Manage service delivery, to review output of tellers, customer service officers and enquiries to ensure adherence to branch standards. To manage / recommend workflow changes, where appropriate, for greater efficiency.
• Ensure counter services key control standards are adhered to and custodian of complaint handling process.
• Ensure account proper process is followed on account closing
• Ensure proper handling of customer new ATM cards as well as ATM Captured cards
Qualifications & Skills
• University Degree or its equivalent
• At least 2 years banking experience computer literate
• Knowledge and ability to operate/eBBS & PC skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
- March 19, 2012
- Not Applicable
- Information Technology
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID: