INNOVATION CENTRE, HEAD OFFICE, PAROW
TECHNOLOGY PROJECT MANAGER (MEDICAL DEVICES)
A competitive cost-to-company remuneration package of R447 673 – R481 248 per annum will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience.
The Medical Device Innovation Platform (MDIP) of the SA Medical Research Council (MRC) requires a suitably qualified and experienced biomedical engineer to support the director in managing and growing this recently formed initiative.
The MDIP has been established to co-ordinate and participate in inter-university research and development of innovative medical devices for the South African and international markets. As such, MDIP is a collaborative R&D platform that integrates the medical device research expertise and competence found primarily in SA universities and research institutions. The MRC is responsible
for managing the MDIP and provides funding for approved projects including support for MSc and PhD students engaged in such projects.
Technology Project Managers are responsible for:
- Assisting in identifying, selecting, setting up and managing projects
- Managing the relationships between the collaborating institutions and resulting interactions with industry
- The ability to manage inter-university R&D projects according to milestones, timelines and budget is essential.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- MSc - Biomedical Engineering
- Industry experience in one of the fields of orthopaedic implants, telemedicine/mHealth, diagnostic devices or biomaterials
- A knowledge of the medical device, health systems, ICT interface would be a distinct advantage
- The incumbent must be an independent, self motivated individual, able to work unsupervised and willing to work irregular hours to ensure project goals are achieved.
Closing date: 24 February 2012.
Forward your application, comprising a full CV, a covering letter of motivation and contact details of three referees to Mrs Janet Ndimande, Human Capital Management Division, MRC, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg 7505 or via fax 086 742 8365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the reference number: “R459” in your subject line of your e-mail, CV and all other communications. If it does not appear in the subject line, then your application/CV will not be considered. Certified copies of your ID and highest formal qualifications must be submitted with this application. Should your application not contain the required information and documents, it will also unfortunately not be considered.
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful. The MRC retains the right not to make an appointment. In accordance with the MRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason we require Race, Gender and Disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
THE MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL (MRC) STRIVES TO IMPROVE THE NATION’S HEALTH AND QUALITY OF LIFE THROUGH PROMOTING AND CONDUCTING RELEVANT AND RESPONSIVE HEALTH RESEARCH.