University of Western Sydney - National Institute of Complementary Medicine (NICM)
- Campbelltown Campus
- 5 Year Fixed Term
- Senior Academic Leadership Opportunity
The National Institute of Complementary Medicine (NICM) was established in June 2007 with funding from the Commonwealth and NSW governments, and has received additional philanthropic and industry support. NICM is hosted by the University of Western Sydney (UWS) at its Campbelltown campus. NICM will continue to focus on policy development, the support of national research priorities, coordinate national collaborations across research themes and infrastructure, build capacity in the sector, and disseminate outcomes of research activities. NICM will facilitate a strong, strategic approach to the development of the complementary medicine sector in Australia, and endorse Australia's role as an international leader in achieving an informed, evidence based approach to complementary medicine use.
NICM is seeking a strong, visionary, strategically focused Director who will orchestrate the development of NICM, and establish the Institute as a world leader on scientific research, policy and information about complementary medicine, and will successfully attract new funds to extend the complementary medicine research base in Australia. The successful person will have significant national and/or international academic and research credentials in complementary medicine, or in a medical science related discipline with a demonstrable commitment to the development of the field of complementary medicine research.
The attributes we are seeking include:
- significant track record of securing external funding for health research
- record of leadership and executive management in the health care sector, in an academic or research setting, demonstrating strong business and financial acumen
- high level strategic and analytical skills
- ability to develop and implement the strategic direction of research institutions, organisations or business entities
- high level negotiation, advocacy and communication skills
Appointment will be at either Level D (Associate Professor) or as the Jacka Foundation Chair of Complementary Medicine Research (Level E, Professor) dependent upon the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
Express your interest now via Apply Online below.
Closing Date: 27 May 2012