World Alliance for Citizen Participation (headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa) is a global civil society network dedicated to strengthening civil society and citizen participation throughout the world, especially in areas where participatory democracy and citizens’ freedom of association are threatened. The fundraising environment for civil society is limited, and there are indications that civil society funding is diminishing. In addition, CIVICUS’ funding is being squeezed as some bilateral donors are shifting funding according to new political regimes and policy.
With these funding constraints, there is the need for CIVICUS to identify new donor prospects along with successful fundraising proposals to generate new sources of income for critical funding gaps. CIVICUS seeks to recruit a resource mobilisation consultant to work for a period of 6 months (June – December 2012) to identify new donor prospects and help raise funds to enable CIVICUS to execute its work.
Scope of work
The consultant will be required to:
1. Develop a targeted donor prospect list
• Become familiar with CIVICUS’ priority deliverables
• Identify funding needs and anticipated gaps from 2012 to 2014
• Identify/define potential funders and sources of funding and match funding sources against priority areas
2. Develop fundraising proposals
• Building on previous funding proposals, initiate the development of high quality proposals in consultation with the technical leads
• Identify potential funders based on CIVICUS’ priority deliverables and establish appropriate contact
• Develop ten high quality proposals responding to priority needs and funding gaps
The consultant will report to the Resource Mobilisation Manager, and provide regular updates of progress to the management team at monthly meetings.
• Degree in relevant field including international development, social sciences, political science, communications
• At least 10 years' experience working with civil society organisations (including NGOs)
• Proven successful track record in fundraising for civil society organisations (including NGOs)
• Good understanding of civil society issues and corresponding donor landscape
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent inter-personal working skills
Consultants will receive up to $5,000 per month for a six month period based on level of experience.
Submit the following documentation to
before 31 May 2012.
• Cover letter
• Resume with contact details
• References who can attest to fundraising success
• List of donors with whom you have worked or received funding
Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in Engineering - *India’s Capital Region (Around Delhi)* Sharda University is a leading university promoted by SGI Group in India. It is a multidisciplinary and multicul...
23 hours ago